Stock handling faulty on live site! Help needed.

Started by kamstrup, April 11, 2013, 23:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamstrup

Hi

We just changed from J1.5 and VM 1.1.x to 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.20b. Not an easy task I might add :-)
I have struggled deeply with stock handling the first 4 days of being live. (Never thought that was an issue so I was so dumb only to use test products to test payment and mails/mail templates.)

Order status: Awaits payment - is available
Order status: Payment completed - reserves product
Order status: Shipped - removes product
Order status: Ready to be picked up - removes product.
Order status: cancelled - order available
Order status: Refunded - order available

But products are never removed from reserved. So the "In stock" number is false.
Here is a current problem:

All 5 reserved products are shipped!

Our warehouse people are very polite since we just started the new site up 4 days ago, but this is really frustating.
We have 400 different SKU's. Manually having to adjust each order is possible for a couple of days but not an option forward.

-Not to take two issues in the same thread, but they might be related! Frontend "Notify me" does not work on out-of-stock products getting back in stock.

@Dev team!
Thanks for a otherwise great product. Really appreciate your work.

kamstrup

Update:
So now a product just sold out. Had 10 in stock and now there are 10 on the reserve list.
The magic is that it is correctly shown to be out of stock.

Does it narrow it down?

It is the step from Shipped,  that should remove it, to actually removing it that is faulty.

Where is that code?

kamstrup

Ok, I believe to have narrowed it further down to

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\orders.php line 731-817

Update:
Am I posting it in a wrong part of the forum?

Not a single reply on this? Not even a "we'll look into that"...

Is there not anyone to contact?

kamstrup

Believe to have found the error, that appears so far not to be VM-related.

I have a component that batch handles orders, to make life easier on warehouse.
It updates orderstatus ok, but stock is not updated in the "orderstatus update"-process when it comes from the component.

John2400

kamstrup,

Please don't feel disappointed at a non reply- Often if the answer is fast then it might be a setting. If it a real fault a few people will test ands see if they can duplicate the issue. Really if you are now talking about a line of code then the testers/ developers may have a look and see if they can reply.  Or as you say , it might not be VM related.
Thank you for posting and yes I'm sure it was seen. You might note how many have had a look in the past few days. Thanks for the second post - are you saying that you have solved the issue or are you continuing to try and solve that problem.

kamstrup

Hi
The developers of the batch-component have now updated it, so it works.