Failed loading XML file ... virtuemart_allinone.xml 2.0.6

Started by linalm, April 22, 2012, 17:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linalm

Hi everyone,

I'd like your help with an error that I am getting with Virtuemart AIO 2.0.6. The error appeared after upgrading the VM AIO from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6 and reads as follows:

Failed loading XML file "<jRoot>/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/virtuemart_allinone.xml"
XML: failed to load external entity "<jRoot>/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/virtuemart_allinone.xml"

In the Extension Manager --> Manage, the "Version", "Date", and "author" associated with "virtuemart_allinone" shows blank. Furthermore, when I check the server, I find a new folder "com_virtuemart_allinone" with no content. I've checked the permissions on the server, and they are set to 777 for the "components" folder and also for "com_virtuemart_allinone".

I've tried several things to fix this, to no avail. I've tried:

• Uninstalling the AIO and reinstalling it from the package.
  • Uninstalling the AIO and reinstalling it from a TEMP directory on the server where I extracted the content from the package.

In both cases, the system reports successful installation, but once again, error shows up as described above.

Also, in both cases, I've used two different packages of the same component, which I downloaded from virtuemart as follows:

I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.6.

Thank you for your assistance.

jenkinhill

I have had no such issue on my many installs.

The package com_virtuemart.2.0.6_extract_first.zip contains the two install packages
com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz
com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz

In addition there has been a separate release of  com_virtuemart.2.0.6a_ext_aio.tar.gz  which contains bugfixes for Systempay and Payzen - users of those are informed to install this package. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101591.msg336997#msg336997

On some servers (esp localhosts) there are apparently issues with unpacking tar.gz files - here the workaround is to convert the package to .zip before installing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

linalm

Hmmm ... Well, in an attempt get rid of this error, and after reading the pointers you both gave me (thank you for them), I've done the following, with no change to my situation. Please help  :(

• I've successfully uninstalled VM AIO. I saw that these directories that once were on the server were eliminated with the unistall:

joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone  and   joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart_allinone

• NEXT, I uploaded com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio.tar.gz to my "tmp" folder on a server on the cloud, which I extracted from com_virtuemart.2.0.6_extract_first.zip, and I unzipped it there.

• THEN, I proceeded to install VM AIO 2.0.6 from a directory, specifying the path to the unzipped files in the "Extension Manager".

The system reports success in the installation. However, when I go to check the content of the directories on the server, I find that the directory joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone  is back AND it has content. The directory joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart_allinone is back too BUT with no content, it is empty. Is this normal? Where do I go from here, please?

I appreciate further help on how to resolve this issue. Additionally, I would like to know what would happen to my Joomla installation or the functioning of Virtuemart if I were to leave the server without this VM AIO component installed.

I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.6.

Thank you for your time.

jenkinhill

"The directory joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart_allinone is back too BUT with no content, it is empty"  - that is correct, it should have installed the VM plugins and modules though.   eg see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99760.msg329694#msg329694
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

linalm

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 18, 2012, 13:29:41 PM

The modules installed by the com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio.zip file are

mod_virtuemart_cart
mod_virtuemart_category
mod_virtuemart_currencies
mod_virtuemart_manufacturer
mod_virtuemart_product
mod_virtuemart_search

As I check for the above modules in the Extension Manager, I find that their version and date are listed for all as 2.0.0RC3, February 2011. Is that the version they should be at after "successfully" installing the VM AIO version 2.0.6 indicated earlier?

I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.6, and here is the System Information the backend of Joomla reports:

System Information
Setting    Value

PHP Built On   
Database Version: 5.5.22-cll
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.10
Web Server:   Apache/2.2.3 (CloudLinux)
WebServer to PHP Interface:   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version: Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

jenkinhill

Yes, they will have http://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-gallery-component/438-cannot-find-joomla-xml-setup-file when viewed in Extension Manager: Manage  - as far as I know there have been no changes to the modules, but their have been to the VM plugins.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK