News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[FIXED] Serious bug with Stock Levels in 1.1.2

Started by willowtree, November 11, 2008, 16:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

I decided to give this a thorough test.

Installed Joomla 1.5.8 + VirtueMart 1.1.0 stocked level worked.
Installed Joomla 1.5.8 + VirtueMart 1.1.1 stocked level worked.
Installed Joomla 1.5.8 + VirtueMart 1.1.2 stocked level worked.
Installed Joomla 1.5.8 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 (SVN) stocked level worked.

Above installation was done on WAMP (localhost)

Installed Joomla 1.5.8 + VirtueMart 1.1.3 (SVN) on remote server stocked level not working, either Installation is not working or server issue, will start fresh Monday.

willowtree

just fyi my remote server is the following:

Apache version   1.3.39 (Unix)
PHP version   5.2.5
MySQL version   4.1.22-standard
Architecture   i686
Operating system   Linux
Kernel version   2.6.23.14

I'm running joomla 1.0.15 virtuemart: Your VirtueMart version: VirtueMart 1.1.2 stable [Another Day]
31/07/2008 20:00 GMT
in case that helps
Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

aravot

I tried on my remote site using Joomla 1.0.15 and VirtueMart 1.1.2 stock level is working, now this is getting strange as to why it didn't work on my first try, starting fresh again on J1.5

willowtree

OK, I only have a handful of downloadable products in my store.

I had the Keep Product Stock Level on Purchase?      ticked in Admin-Configuration-Downloads

I unticked this and now it all seems to be working. I placed a test order and it's correctly reduced the stock.

I have gone back into the config though and it's ticked again. I've tried to untick it in both simple and extended and it's always ticked when I go back into the config. My config file is writeable, and it says it has been updated but it's STILL ticked.

I thought this setting would only apply to downloadable products but it seems it was applying to all? IMHO that is either a bug, or it needs clarifying. Being in the downloads section and stating it applies to downloads when it's applying to all products is extremely confusing.

Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

aravot

Quote from: willowtree on December 15, 2008, 07:59:22 AM
I unticked this and now it all seems to be working. I placed a test order and it's correctly reduced the stock.
I have gone back into the config though and it's ticked again. I've tried to untick it in both simple and extended and it's always ticked when I go back into the config. My config file is writeable, and it says it has been updated but it's STILL ticked.

Checked and unchecked box for 'Keep Product Stock Level on Purchase?' for download-able products has been fixed in SVN.

Now need to find a fix to work ONLY for download-able products and not effect all products.

Michael West

This issue still exists in VM 1.1.3 when 1.1.2 is updated from the backend.
Try posting a link to your website in your profile, or a link to the error page if possible.

A picture is worth a thousand words. For XP get http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/SnippyDownload.htm, or...

Windows Vista has a Snipping Tool in the Accessories area of the Start Button.

"We look for things that make us go, computer things."
(StarTrek NG: Pakleds Episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ).

Have you read the manual? http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html I did, huh?