News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

what does this line of code mean:

Started by guybr, December 30, 2014, 14:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guybr

I've created conditional statements in the default.php files to enable mobile devices to show 3 columns instead of the default 4 (for desktops and laptops) as per the control panel.

But on some devices (iOS mainly) the 3 column display gets chopped up: I'll see 3 products (or category icons) on 1 row and then just 1 on the next row, followed by 3 on the row below it, and then 1 more alone underneath that.

a) does anyone have an idea why that is?
b) what does this line of code mean: $categories_per_row = VmConfig::get('homepage_categories_per_row', 3);
     that's the original code without any changes on my part. Specifically, what does that "3" mean?

bluezeyes

Its not only to reduce the columns or rows, you have to reduce the width / height of all parts, the containing div, etc

In your case the space for each product is to wide, three in a row is too wide to be displayed in one row,
the browser shift down cause of flloat: right to the next row.

Take care of the retina resolution too.. but overall its a css /layout-error for this specific device.
Use the mobile view of google chrome or Mozilla firebug with the aprpriate Userstring and display dimension to check where the error is.