News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayPal Express Checkout plug-in not working

Started by Taughmon, May 19, 2015, 13:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taughmon

Website is running Joomla 2.5.11, VirtueMart 2.0.16d and php is 5.4.38. I'm trying to install Paypal Express Checkout. Have installed the plug-in version 1.3.4 and followed the instructions, but when I go to the cart page, the name "Paypal Express Checkout" appears and there is no live link to bring the shopper directly to PayPal. This forces the shopper to go through a cumbersome registration process to check out, which deters order completion. The template that the site is based on will not update beyond Joomla 2.5.26 or VirtueMart 2.0.21, so I can't upgrade to solve my issue. Am I missing something in the installation of the plug-in or do I need another workaround.

jenkinhill

The PayPal plugin in current versions does include the PP Express option. I don't know if it will work on old versions, but the plugin is easily extracted from the aio component to try.

You really should consider security issues. A hacked site can cost far more in time & loss of reputation (and potentially money) than would be spent fixing an old template. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Taughmon

Hi. Thanks for coming back to me. I am in the process of developing a new, more secure site, but in the meantime I need to keep the existing one live and want to improve the user experience with PP Express. So my question is whether I can get the plug-in to work on my site as it stands. I am able to configure PP Express option in the VirtueMart admin, but no click through button appears on the checkout on the website, which is my main problem. I get to PayPal only after I have registered with the site, and there is no way to bypass this step and go to paypal directly. The registration process is so cumbersome that I'm losing customers. The plug-in I downloaded (http://plugins.online-store.co.uk/paypal_express_checkout/) doesn't seem to be an all in one.

jenkinhill

Problem is that none of us are likely to be running an old VM version so cannot test this, but suggest you ask the plugin developer for support - or as I suggested above, try the one included in the current VM aio component package.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Taughmon

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't understand what you meant about extracting the aio component in your original reply.  Will try this route. Regards

Taughmon

No joy with aio. I am still looking for a solution to get pp express checkout onto my site