News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cant get past Register page to redirect to paypal.

Started by target4fun, November 12, 2012, 03:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

target4fun

I have set up my site.  And reconfigured the shipping and payment methods changing everything over and over with no success also scoured the forums for hours. 

The problem I keep running into is when I go to checkout...  I set up paypal sandbox with a business and user account.  I put the sandbox business account in configureation side and clicked yes on sandbox.  The problem I run into is when I try to checkout ... I have tried as a guest, and by creating a user on backend with no success either way. 

http://concealedhandgunonline.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0

I input all the info... click save and it goes blank again like nothing... no redirect no error ... nothing. 

If there is anything you need to help me on my end that I didnt provide please let me know... Thanks for any help I can get on this matter
Thanks!

Joomla! version, 2.5.8

VM 2.0.12f

target4fun

I have set up my site.  And reconfigured the shipping and payment methods changing everything over and over with no success also scoured the forums for hours. 

The problem I keep running into is when I go to checkout...  I set up paypal sandbox with a business and user account.  I put the sandbox business account in configureation side and clicked yes on sandbox.  The problem I run into is when I try to checkout ... I have tried as a guest, and by creating a user on backend with no success either way. 

http://concealedhandgunonline.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0

I input all the info... click save and it goes blank again like nothing... no redirect no error ... nothing. 

If there is anything you need to help me on my end that I didnt provide please let me know... Thanks for any help I can get on this matter
Thanks!

Joomla! version, 2.5.8

VM 2.0.12f

PRO

do you have the most current version of the AIO component?

I know paypal had to be upgraded from the last version

target4fun

I went to the VM AIO Component and checked for updates ...

It said the following:

"You already have the latest version

Installed version 2.0.12f
Latest version 2.0.12f
Latest release date 2012-10-22"

I imagine that is what you were referring to?  I am a complete VM noob... first time using it and its been quite the learning curve. 

I installed your "Pro Ship plugin" to see if that might change things same problem so it isnt that plugin my guess. 

The problem seems to be when I checkout It directs me to the page to enter in adress,email ect and I do using my Paypal sandbox email ect and all the feilds correctly and when I click on SAVE.  NOthing happens all of my feilds turn blank again and the data isnt saved and the page isnt redirected to paypal.  Anyone have any ideas at all im pissing in the dark at this point.  Thanks! 

target4fun

Okay so I found a post that had a similar problem and apparently they said to "Maybe it is your template override, disable the template overrides in the users view."  One user reported that fixed it.  I spent hours trying to figure out what it meant and how to fix that.  Anyone?  Spent all day yesterday trying to get this figured out and no luck.  Any help would be greatly appricated. 

See this post page 3: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94939.30

target4fun

Okay so I found a post that had a similar problem and apparently they said to "Maybe it is your template override, disable the template overrides in the users view."  One user reported that fixed it.  I spent hours trying to figure out what it meant and how to fix that.  Anyone?  Spent all day yesterday trying to get this figured out and no luck.  Any help would be greatly appricated. 

PRO

Quote from: target4fun on November 13, 2012, 15:47:18 PM

you can switch joomla templates and see if it works then.

IF that fixes it, the template maker you are using can fix the problem

jenkinhill

I just looked at http://concealedhandgunonline.com   You have VM Debug turned on, but you are not loading any of the VM JavaScript files. You need them for VM to work......  If you don't know what it means, turn off debug.

Because so many people have problems with RT templates try using the Beez5 template instead for testing. If things work OK with that template then try again with the RT one.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

target4fun

Okay I updated to latest version 2.0.14 VM and turned off debug and switched template again.  I tried that with no luck yesterday so i switched back to RT template.  Still no luck?  Should I uninstall VM and start over?  I have no idea what it can be at this point.  Only next thing I could possibly think is wrong is a paypal setting but ive double checked im in sandbox mode and have the Merchant business sandbox account where it calls in the paypal plugin. 

target4fun

Okay I updated to latest version 2.0.14 VM and turned off debug and switched template again.  I tried that with no luck yesterday so i switched back to RT template.  Still no luck?  Should I uninstall VM and start over?  I have no idea what it can be at this point.  Only next thing I could possibly think is wrong is a paypal setting but ive double checked im in sandbox mode and have the Merchant business sandbox account where it calls in the paypal plugin. 

jenkinhill

Did you enable VM's JavaScripting?

Disable PayPal plugin and set up a standard payment plugin set to free - Just enter a name - Free - set it to published and save. If you still get a blank screen the make a brand new installation. OTOH if it works then you know the problem is your PayPal configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

target4fun

Okay so I did the standard deal.  Still ended up with blank reset.  So then I uninstalled everything .... Reinstalled... first install didnt work properly because there were no plugins?  Oh well reinstalled again and the plugins were back.  So I set up plugins and now im still in the same boat.  Still doing same exact same thing ... put in data and it goes blank and nothing... the only thing I change is the safe path at the begining and even then I use the exact path that is recommended .... im completely lost at this point