News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Gift Card payment module

Started by larrynichols, October 10, 2006, 20:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrynichols

Is there a howto on adding a simple field to an existing payment module (say COD/address only, or paypal related) for something like a gift card.  We sell physical gift cards and I want our customers to be able to input the number when placing their order.  It wouldn't need to calculate anything or connect to any gateway, just send the number along with the order.  Is this very complicated?  Thanks in advance.

LongBranchAssociates

Try using the custom attribute functionality. If I understand your requirement correctly this is a potential solution

For a Tutorial on attributes go to:

http://www.lba-tech.com/lba-tech/content/view/97/75/

lba-tech.com::VirtueMart eCommerce Online Stores for Small and Medium size businesses

larrynichols

I appreciate the response, and it does seem like what I want, but I don't think I'm smart enough to apply the custom attribute functionality to the payment system.  Has anyone else added custom attributes to a payment method?  I applied the hack to get it to work in products, but I wouldn't know how to duplicate that in payments.  Anyone care to lend a hand?