News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Troubleshoot missing order

Started by dmb, March 30, 2016, 15:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmb

Joomla 3.5.0/VM 3.0.14

I'm looking for ideas on troubleshooting a missing order ...

The situation is that our admin received a copy of an order by email, but when she went to look at the order online wasn't able to locate it. I've checked the orders tables, and there's no sign of the order.

However:

- An invoice was created with the correct details in the vmfiles directory;
- This was correctly sent to the customer and the shop admin;
- The customer Paypal transaction at the same time was successful.

So I believe the order was correctly and successfully placed. It just doesn't exist on the system.

I suspect user error, i.e. that the order was accidentally deleted by our admin. Does this fit the facts above ? Anything else I can check ?

Thanks for any insights,

David

jenkinhill

If it is gone then someone deleted it.  If this is in the middle of other orders you can check the order numbers. The last two digits should be sequential, so you can look for a missing row.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dmb

Yes, I'm thinking the same. I did check for a missing order number using the order timestamps but there isn't one. If the order had been the last on file and was deleted, would the auto-increment have reused the same order id?

jenkinhill

Yes, if the last one was deleted then the order count suffix will be the same.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum