Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

product pricing problem (xx.99999)

Started by marvays, March 04, 2020, 05:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

I using version 3.6.11 10251
Tax on all product is 21%

I create a new product and enter price with tax 1147 euros. I collect a 21% tax, mark the base price and save. The product is saved and the price changes from 1147 to 1146,99999. And for other products, the number is similar. xx,99999 or xx,00001
Where is the problem?

marvays

problem will be here:

in database see product price 2727.270000
in admin product page i see product price 2727.27 and sales price 3299.9967

I do not know why, but now I have all the basic prices to two decimal places. But they were to 5 decimal places. Therefore, the selling price is wrong :(

Any idea how to fix it? I can't find the selling price in the database.

marvays

Good. I exported a spreadsheet with prices. rounded the sale price to whole number. subtracted vat. and saved it as a basic price to 5 decimal places. imported back. and everything looks fine.

when I create a new product or edit an old product, the base price always works at 5 decimal places.

So I think the problem arose from upgrading VM 3.4.2 to 3.6.11 10251

marvays

It looks like a bug in version 3.6.11 10251
If I enter the price with VAT and before saving save the base without VAT, everything is calculated and displayed in order.
However, when I save the product again later, for example when uploading images, virtuemart always calculates the VAT price every time you save it without VAT, and that's wrong. From this I understand that the saved price without vat is wrong rounding or dreaming virtuemart incorrectly calculated.

marvays

Please watch the video. He will explain my problem better. Thank you
https://youtu.be/aqOy0qtzmrQ

pinochico

Hi Martin

maybe I'm wrong, but I think you didn't understand how VirtueMart works and you want the behavior that the shop owner needs depending on the customs of the Czech Republic.

We also had one such client and for him, as cutom work, we added rounding to Virtruemart separately for each decimal place so that he was satisfied.

It looks like it's not a VirtueMart bug, but a client request that's up to you to solve.

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

Okay. Another site, the same problem. VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211
https://youtu.be/3g3RY-jq3YQ

marvays

Quote from: pinochico on March 04, 2020, 16:20:32 PM
Hi Martin
maybe I'm wrong, but I think you didn't understand how VirtueMart works and you want the behavior that the shop owner needs depending on the customs of the Czech Republic.
We also had one such client and for him, as cutom work, we added rounding to Virtruemart separately for each decimal place so that he was satisfied.
It looks like it's not a VirtueMart bug, but a client request that's up to you to solve.
Rudolf

I know how a VM should work. 7 years I have not had this problem. But there is a problem with new versions. Do I want so much that VM counts correctly?

There are 6 decimal places stored in the database, but Vm only displays 5 and incorrectly calculates the price with VAT. I don't know what it has to do with the Czech Republic? Is there VAT in other countries or not?

Until VirtueMart 3.4.2, there were no problems. I will go back to prehistoric times :)

marvays

pinochico

For VM 3.6 you calculated price from base price without VAT
for VM 3.4.2 you calculated price from final price as override base price without VAT

Why?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

In all videos i was calculated price from final price as override base price without VAT, and next time show calculated price from base price without VAT.

First time VM calculated base price without VAT right, next time changed final price from base price bad (x.0001)

marvays

So where is the problem and how do I solve it? I need the price to stay the same whether I calculate it either.