News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Stock control/out of stock feature does not seem to work

Started by antonitus, May 04, 2012, 00:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonitus

I'm having some serious issues with the out of stock feature.  First of all I'm running VM2.0.2 and J2.5.4.  These are all found in the 'Core' settings under 'Shopfront' configuration.

Here's what seems to be working and what is not working.

1. Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action [SEEMS TO BE OK].

2. Do not Display Product [SEEMS TO BE OK].

3. Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button [SEEMS TO DISPLAY THE 'NOTIFY' BUTTON. WHEN YOU CLICK ON IT, IT ASKS YOU TO SIGN-IN, WHEN YOU SIGN-IN, NOTHING HAPPENS. ALL YOU GET IS THE CART WHICH HAS ZERO VALUES AS IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT.  VM1+ DID NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE].

4. Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed [THIS SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, ALL YOU GET IS THE 'ADD-TO-CART' BUTTON AS IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT AS NORMAL].

Can somebody please tell me if there is s bug in this?  Or does the latest release fix this issue?

Also, I noticed that you cannot switch off the 'Current Stock Level' feature in the categories page using this option: 'Display stock level'.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jux

Regarding number 3 and number 4. do you use a VM template like a Hack?
because on my side this features are working. (please check if your Joomla Template does not interfere with VM)
Have you tested in local?

Personaly the main bug will be when a product is set to 0 in stock it can be still be order?

Well VM 2.0.6 have still a lot of bugs and hope that the dev team is working on it because for professional like me it is a lack of time.
But I can not complain its free and I thank those guys for that!

antonitus

My template is gavick pro boutique. You're right I tried another template and it seems to show the 'not available' image, however there is still a problem with it as I thought it would replace the 'add to cart' button which is doesn't.  People can still click on this 'add to cart' button and put the product into the cart.  This confuses people and me.  Ideally the 'not available' image should replace the 'add to cart' button, so I presume it is a design fault or a bug.

Also the 'notify me' does not work properly, it still places the product into the cart with zero values when you click on it.  It doesn't send an email to notify the administrator like what VM1+ does.

As for the stock control problems you are getting, I don't seem to be having this issue.  When I add 0 stock in a product, it tells me there is no stock available, so I assume this is correct.

To be honest without proper explanation of this, I do not know what is wrong or what is right, I just use my logic to work it out and the logic is not right.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jux

All what you describe is a template issue, because i do not have this issue.
Contact gavick , its a good team and they will help you out with no problem. I used their template many time.

Regarding the stock issue , damn ! I do not know what to do!

jux

When you says: "As for the stock control problems you are getting, I don't seem to be having this issue.  When I add 0 stock in a product, it tells me there is no stock available, so I assume this is correct."

It is very very weird because even when I do a proper installation of Joomla 2.5 + VM 2.0.6 it still does not work , when product is at 0 it can be ordered!

Which version of Virtuemart are you using?

thank you

antonitus

I'm using VM2.0.2 and J2.5.4.  Maybe you can try something, I've had many problems with Joomla and templates and sometimes when I enable Mootools under the plugins manager, I tend to get some things working, so maybe you can look into this.

I have to admit, VM2 is still a little buggy but it's a brilliant script and we mustn't complain too much as it is free and I know a lot of work went into it, so well done to the developers.  It's still in it's infancy stage though and so hopefully this time next year it will be a bit more stable with more plugins, just like VM1+ which I prefer at the moment and I still use a lot.  There is no problem with the stock control part in the older version.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

dhan0315

is this topic resolved already? badly i have same problem with you guys...i'm using j2.5.22 and vm2.6.0, any alternative solution,

like :

1. how to limit qty on cart  and
2. put some hack codes on virtuemart ps_cart function like check first the quantity of the item before it proceed to shopping cart basket or
3. product locked if someone got the item on cart

so that it lessen duplicating order or items even out of stock i guess.

my question is how or where to locate the ps cart function and how coding do i make??