News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Stuck On single Column

Started by hotrod, July 17, 2023, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

Migrated my V3 over to a new J4 site.. With Daycounts using VM 4.0.12  all is going pretty good.. But for the life of me I can't get the Category layouts back to 3 columns..  all the settings are the same in the config..  and menus show to use default..

JM 4.3
PHP 8.0
VM 4.0.12
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

Check the Layout Bootstrap version setting in VM Configuration/Templates/Template and Layouts   - depending on your template you may need to use None (Legacy).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

It was set to legacy..  It sets the columns with Bootstrap 3  But then In the categories I lose the more product info and I don't like the way the add to cart page looks...  you can see what I want it to look like at   www.hnctruckparts.com

Can I just try another Version close to the 3.8.8  I'm currently using..   I am not liking whats going on here.. I hate the admin control panel. I have to scroll more than half the page to see orders  and layouts are not as nice as what I'm seeing now with j3  VM 3.8.8..  Should I work with My template suppler ( Rocket Theme)  and see whats going on?

I can send you admin if you'd like to see what I'm talking about..  I'm willing to donate as a supporting member again if we can get this worked out..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

If you are happy with your current setup and it works OK that surely there is no compulsion to "update". As long as you take care of site security. I have a previous client still using VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472 with the latest (last?) J3 version, Joomla! 3.10.12. She intends on using it until (if) something breaks.

If you are using Rocket Theme then you could be having issues with their template overrides which may need editing to suit your preferred layout. I never had success with RT in getting a good working site so stopped using them many years ago.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

Yea  I Understand that..  but We really want to update to J4..   I'm close..  I'll head over there and see what they have to say about it...   Not gunna give up yet..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Milbo

joomla 3 will be supported another 18 months by a support team of joomla members.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member