News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Content Not Showing On Front Page Since VM2.0 Migration

Started by jacosky, February 26, 2012, 04:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacosky

Please I need help fixing this one asap. I recently did a migration from VM1.9 - 2.0 and since the migration, the contents on my front pages have stopped displaying.
They display in the admin backend but not in the front end. I have uninstalled VM and its Db and reinstalled it again but all to no avail. I'm using J1.5.25.

Here's a link to one of my affected pages - http://www.smssenda.com/sms/sms-price
Any immediate help will be really appreciated.

bladerunner

Same happens to me. I've totally removed from a site the VM1.9 version (either comps and hand removed old tabiles). All the backoffice is working fine, including example data. But nothig happens by calling, via a menu voice, the VM component. No messages, nothing. White page.
Same task on same server but another site , all works fine and comps are showing correctly.

The page just contains this code:

<div class="category-view">

<div class="row">

J1.5.23
Any suggestion how to debug  ?

jenkinhill

VM2 is designed to work with the SEF built into Joomla 2.5 so if using SEF, turn that off first. Then make sure that you have a main menu link to the "VirtueMart Categories Layout "
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bladerunner

I've done, of course, a menu voice typed "VirtueMart Category layout". I'm pressing this menu item to have the "white page"...
but after your words..
changed the "select a category" from "main level" to a random level and back...
and at least now is no more just a blank page !!!... nor items showing... but now is template coloured....and site styled...
but is a step forward... and a clue, I guess

Another further menu voice, kinda "Virtuemart layout" still blank page....

sounds like a "bit" out of order...

SEF disabled.
Now pressing the " "VirtueMart Category layout" does nothing. No blank page and no reaction....

Bingo !
now the  "Virtuemart layout"  works !

jacosky

Hello jenkinhill, I think you didn't get my question. My pages where I have content(e.g. like the price of my services, my users blogs) have stopped displaying in the front end, but in the admin backend, you get to see these contents.

I have disabled Sef and Apache mod Rewrite on my site. I'm really stuck with what next to do to have my contents to start showing again.

Also, when I try to edit the shop currency from the backend, I get a blank page. Please I need help urgently.

Thank you.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member