News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Module Product: first item price disappear

Started by Hoomie, September 28, 2012, 15:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoomie

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with the pricing disappear on my VM Product module. The price only disappear on the latest product that I create.
Please visit the website, you will understand what I am talking about. https://www.icase-shop.com.au/

Besides, same VM Product module won't show the discount price beside the Final Price. I've used FireBug to check at the code, the Discount tag was hidden in somehow?

Could anyone please help me out?
Appreciated!!!!!

Hoomie

bytelord

Hello,

On your second question this is an issue of your custom template because your are hiding the price inside products.css line 368. You have the following propertie:
.vmgroup_new2 ul li .Price .discount {
    display: none !important;
}

the file is located inside your custom template joomla_folder/templates/theme274/css/products.css

On your first question there is no price at all showing, do you have also modules template overrides??
Could you please test it with vm default theme?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Hoomie

Thank you bytelord~

The discount's working!! I also change it to the original price instead.

I bought the Template from Template Monster, and I did report the problem, but they still haven't comeback to me yet.. I did change the template a bit, but I don't think that was overwrite by me.. Cause it was already happened before I modified.

Where can I get the VM default theme?
or are there any way that I can find the product of "first child" in other files (css wrote the first product as First Child).

Thank you for your help!!!
Appreciated!~

Hoomie

jenkinhill

To use the default VM theme/layout just rename the directory at joomla_root/templates/(your template)/html/com_virtuemart/  to, eg com_virtuemart2

Then the overrides will not be used, but this will not prevent the template's css from having an effect. To avoid that, you can simply select a different Joomla template, such as beez5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hoomie

Thank you jenkinhill,
Template Monster replied me, they told me to reinstall my Joomla and VirtueMart to the specific version. They said the template itself has no problem.

I did reinstall with the version that they asked. The sit works fine now, but don't know why my discount and other basic price etc. were gone from the homepage and detail page as well..

New installed URL: http://markmunien.ipower.com/icase/
Previous URL: https://markmunien.ipower.com/icases/

I want my new URL homepage VM Product Module looks like the previous URL that I modified, but the new one won't show up the way that I want..
The discount price in product detail page works fine in Previous URL, but not the new one..

Thank you!!
Hoomie

bytelord

Hello,

Exactly the same thing in line 369 on your new installation, why you don't use firebug to examine the site? This is again a template issue and not a vm, your css styling hides the discounted price! So simple! Using firebug: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

QuoteOn your second question this is an issue of your custom template because your are hiding the price inside products.css line 368. You have the following propertie:
    display: none !important;
}

the file is located inside your custom template joomla_folder/templates/theme274/css/products.css

change it to:

display: block !important;
}

Regards

Hoomie

Hi bytelord,

Thank you for your help!!!!!

• I've change the "display" and I understand that's only for showing "discount".

The one that I am looking for is the file in:
    mod_virtuemart_product -> tmpl -> default.php

I've added a code under <div class="Price"> :
    Quoteif ($product->prices['basePriceWithTax']>0)
       echo '<span class="priceWithTax">' . $currency->createPriceDiv('basePriceWithTax','',$product->prices,true) . '</span>';

But the module didn't show up this code in this new installed Joomla & VM.

• Besides, inside my product detail page, the price only show the "Final Price" and "Price without tax".

But under "Administrator" log in:
    VirtueMart -> Configuration -> Configuration -> Price

I was testing and checked all the "Show Following Prices" selections. The product detail didn't show up in somehow!?

Thank you!!

bytelord

Hello,

There is no <div class="Price"> inside the mod_virtuemart_product -> tmpl -> default.php, so you are speaking for your custom template again. You should place your line under if ($show_price) { and it should like this:

if (!empty($product->prices['basePriceWithTax'])) {
    echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPriceWithDiscount', '', $product->prices, FALSE, FALSE, 1.0, TRUE);
}

or place the span also, like

if (!empty($product->prices['basePriceWithTax'])) {
   echo '<span class="priceWithTax">' . $currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPriceWithDiscount', '', $product->prices, FALSE, FALSE, 1.0, TRUE) . '</span>';
}

Be sure you will place that code twice because inside default.php a list is of products is produced based on div's and a list based on ul/ui

Regards