News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

production description removing html

Started by slmandle, April 02, 2012, 19:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmandle

I am having issues with my product descriptions, HTML is now being removed.

I initially created some products and with HTML descriptions so I know it can do it but I don't know what has changed on my site

The editor is CKeditor and I can still put HTML in my articles and they are using the same (only) editor on my system

the account I am using is admin and storeadmin, have tried searching for resolution on internet but nothing has come up

can anybody help with this issue, until I fix this then I can't really add any more products to my site

RFIDBob

Yes I am having the same problem. I just got done installing a few new modules and building my site, when I noticed all my HTML formating on my product pages was gone and it was all just simple text all between <p>.........text...........</p> paragraph tags. When I go to change it back I enter all my html code with the HTML editor and send it back to VM. It looks great and formatted on the VM product page until I hit the save button. Then it removes all the formatting I have done... If you save and close; open the product again and you can see all the formatting is gone.

I am running Joomla 2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2

Any ideas what to try?
Vist our online RFID store at argowireless.com

JtouchMobile.com

I think you should upgrade to VM 2.0.4 - fine with me on this version ;)
Author of Jtouch - Mobile solution for Joomla & VirtueMart
http://www.jtouchmobile.com

RFIDBob

VM 2.0.2 worked just fine for me for a long time. I made the move up to use the Authorize.net emulation and I was able to format all of my product pages with cool custom HTML. Then one day that stopped working. Not sure exactly. I could make the upgrade and test, but I am not sure that will fix the issue. Unless 2.0.4 addresses these issues directly.

-RFIDBob

slmandle

I am still running VM 2.0.2, i noticed the HTML formatting disappear when I got an SEF component working.

I am left inserting new products in the backend and then reentering the HTML Description code correctly via the DB, upgrading to VM 2.0.4 is not an option since I have made changes to the VM Core and can't loose the changes.

I have now built up a special page now which inserts a new product directly into the system from the fontend (admin only) which allows my other vendors to insert items (pending approval) without have to have full control of my backend

RFIDBob