News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Manufacturer filter bug

Started by Javelinos, March 27, 2012, 12:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javelinos

Greetings.

I seem to have a bug with the manufacturers filter of VM 2.0.2.

The first time I try and click on any manufacturer, it filters my products correctly.
However when I click a second time on any other manufacturer, it returns me back to my product categories page and it adds the search field in the page.

The first time I use the filter, the URL is like that:
mydomain.com/index.php/products/manufacturer/the manufacturer I chose to be filtered/product category name
and it works fine.

The second time I filter for any other manufacturer the URL is like that:
mydomain.com/index.php/products/manufacturer/the manufacturer I chose to be filtered/search/product category name

It adds the search for some reason.

Any thoughts?

Thx, in advance

raimiuxas

Quote from: Javelinos on March 27, 2012, 12:52:11 PM
Greetings.

I seem to have a bug with the manufacturers filter of VM 2.0.2.

The first time I try and click on any manufacturer, it filters my products correctly.
However when I click a second time on any other manufacturer, it returns me back to my product categories page and it adds the search field in the page.

The first time I use the filter, the URL is like that:
mydomain.com/index.php/products/manufacturer/the manufacturer I chose to be filtered/product category name
and it works fine.

The second time I filter for any other manufacturer the URL is like that:
mydomain.com/index.php/products/manufacturer/the manufacturer I chose to be filtered/search/product category name

It adds the search for some reason.

Any thoughts?

Thx, in advance

I have the same problem with J2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2. Any helps?

John2400

Hi guys ,

We are up to version 2.0.3 H version - maybe if you are game enough to try some of the test versions the problem of sorting may have been solved ?

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

always back up your site before updating test versions.

Javelinos

Well, an easy solution is by disabling the Search Engine Friendly URLs in the SEO settings of Joomla global configuration.

That solved the problem for me, and now the manufacturers filter is working properly.
8)