News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Related products not migrated ?

Started by gfxpixeldesigns, July 13, 2012, 22:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfxpixeldesigns

Just finishing up my virtuemart migration and i noticed my products hadnt any related products.

Is this normal behaviour for the migration ? Is there a solution to get related products migrated ?

karaoke

gfxpixeldesigns

Quote from: karaoke on January 07, 2013, 08:37:14 AM
I have the same question. Anybody?

I never got the virtuemart migrator to import my related products so unless an update has addressed this im afraid the only other solution is csvi. I managed to import everything without any issues using csvi including prices, sales prices, categories, related products, even images. So if i were you i would basically scrap the virtuemart migrator and start on csvi as its the only complete solution i've been able to find second to directly importing sql queries anyway.

Good luck

isuv

Quote from: gfxpixeldesigns on January 07, 2013, 14:13:00 PM

I never got the virtuemart migrator to import my related products so unless an update has addressed this im afraid the only other solution is csvi. I managed to import everything without any issues using csvi including prices, sales prices, categories, related products, even images. So if i were you i would basically scrap the virtuemart migrator and start on csvi as its the only complete solution i've been able to find second to directly importing sql queries anyway.

Good luck

Hi gfxpixeldesigns,
Do you use any ready plugin or script for these migrations?

gfxpixeldesigns

Quote from: isuv on January 07, 2013, 20:58:30 PM
Quote from: gfxpixeldesigns on January 07, 2013, 14:13:00 PM

Good luck

Hi gfxpixeldesigns,
Do you use any ready plugin or script for these migrations?

Unfortunately no as i went down the CSVI route, if i had to make the choice again though i would definately go for SQL queries as its going to be so much easier in the long run. CSVI works but requires all the settings tuning. In my case i was importing from virtuemart 1 so i first exported a csv file from both virtuemart 1 and virtuemart 2 in order to compare the two. Once you know the field differences simply update them in your csv file and start the import run through csvi. You'll end up with the import failing the first dozen times, just read the error log and ammend your csv file as necessary.

It was a long and painfull process for me as i had thousands of products to import and was experiencing timeout issues, so if you have a larger store i would highly advise going down the SQL route rather than CSVI or any sort of migration for that matter as its just too much for it to handle.