News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Configuration Error

Started by davidteo, April 15, 2013, 14:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidteo

Hi,

I've just successfully installed VirtueMart & when trying configure it using backend, I came across below error.
"vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.00471305847168"

"Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/stntcom/domains/stnt.com.my/public_html/vmfiles, use this link to the config"

I've created the vmfiles & invoices folders as suggested but still getting same error.

Appreciate any suggestion or corrective measures.

Tq & Rgds,
DTeo

K&K media production

vmdebug's are debug messages and no errors, you can disable the messages in configuration -> Shop -> Advanced Settings

you must set the safepath in configuration -> templates -> Media File Settings

davidteo

Hi,

Tq so much for your prompt response.

I've disable the debug mode, but still having a problem to provide the right Safe Path.  eg. If my domain is abc.com.my, I create a directory/folder vmfiles & invoices sub-directory with 777. Then my Safe Path is abc.com.my/vmfiles/invoices/?

Thks & Rgds,
DTeo

K&K media production

no, the safepath is something like this:

/home/stntcom/domains/stnt.com.my/public_html/vmfiles

you must ask your webhoster for the right safepath from your domain

"This path is meant from your file root, not Joomla root. Attention - you must enter an absolute path here and it should (not must) be outside of your domain directory (i.e. httpdocs)"

davidteo

Hi,

Tq so much for your prompt assistance.

Managed to get it fix with your path suggestion.

Thks & Rgds
DTeo