Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

not zise product in virtuemart2

Started by tonnerria, April 12, 2013, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonnerria

hello,
joomla 2.5 virtuemart 20.20b, template beez20

I made the migration to virtuemart1 virtuemart2 (not an easy task full of concern for what is to migrate ...)

but the cares of the moment is that the sizes of the products in virtuemart are not. if I go on old site, firebug tells me vmcartcontainer, which obviously should not be present in virtuemart2.
How to solve this trouble?

Thank you for your follow-up
Nathalie

tonnerria

Quote from: tonnerria on April 12, 2013, 11:38:04 AM
hello,
joomla 2.5 virtuemart 20.20b, template beez20

I made the migration to virtuemart1 virtuemart2 (not an easy task full of concern for what is to migrate ...)

but the cares of the moment is that the sizes of the products in virtuemart are not. if I go on old site, firebug tells me vmcartcontainer, which obviously should not be present in virtuemart2. not attribute product zise, colour, etc.. it's big problem
How to solve this trouble?

Thank you for your follow-up
Nathalie

tonnerria

How to import product attributes (size, color, ...) for virtuemart 1 to virtuemart 2
products can not be reviewed by hand, therefore, there exists a solution via phpmyadmin, or ftp for example?

thanks

Nath
Nathalie

jenkinhill

As stated in the migration instructions "It does not migrate product types, product attributes and similar."  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95236

Attributes and custom fields are handled differently in the two versions, so mostly they need to be manually created. However may be possible that this could be done using CSVImproved (for export from the old version) and CSVI (for import to the current VM version), and some editing of the generated csv files in Excel or OpenOffice Calc (which I would use). Have a look on http://www.csvimproved.com/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum