News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

extended layout link not visible

Started by pyramidbeatz, December 11, 2012, 21:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyramidbeatz

Hi.

I'm having a question regarding a new installation of Virtuemart 2.0.12 (on joomla).

In every tutorial I see, when they get into the backend of virtuemart (via components > virtuemart) that there are 2 links on the left side: "simple layout" and "extended layout".

These links are not visible in my backend! I need to make my own additional variants like color and size, but without the option "extended layout" I can not do that.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

bytelord

Hello,

This does not exist on VM2 i think or i am missing something too. Did you read manual for VM1?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

Yes, that was in the old VM1.1 series, but is not in VM2.0, where the user information source is the Wiki - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki

Colours etc is done by using Custom Fields in VM2, see in the products menu. Plenty of information in the forum about custom fields, but that part of VM2 is being substantially rewritten to make it faster and easier. This is for release in VM2.2, the betas of which will be numbered 2.1.x and should be available early January.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum