News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Price not showing on register user

Started by mabeall32, November 10, 2011, 04:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabeall32

I having problem with the price not showing on register user.  It will show if the permissions or set to admin, but if set to shopper it will not show.  any idea how I can fix this. 

PRO

are you using to 2.0?

ALSO, are you logged in as registered or admin
?

mabeall32

I'm on vm 2 release 1.9.8RC2M.  If I sign in as admin.  shows rate, if I sign in  as register user, no rate. 

thanks for your help

Milbo

I am just fixing this feature and found out that the whole thing is a bit mixed up.

Atm we have
-catalogue mode
-show prices
-show prices by joomla ACL (not working)
-per shoppergroup configurable prices (show, rounding, ...)

The first thing I suggest and already wrote partly is
-catalogue mode depending by shoppergroups (disables prices, add to cart and cart)
-configure all ten prices each per shoppergroup (already working)
-add shoppergroup for anonymous shoppers

There is just one question left,...Are there people who actually want not to display prices, but the cart functions?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

Quote from: Milbo on November 14, 2011, 21:37:22 PM
Are there people who actually want not to display prices, but the cart functions?

YES, "Quote Cart" No prices, but submit for quote.

mabeall32

unfortunately, the client doesn't want anyone but registered users to have the ability to see prices. 
I tried using the shopping groups but, it didn't work. (or I set it up wrong.) I  "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" = true,   I created a shopper group that show the price and the default not to show price.  I change the user to new shopping group but  no price.

What I have found,  If the user permission is set to "shopper", it treats them the same as unregistered users.  if they are set to Admin or shopadmin it works correctly.  I trace it back to permissions.php where showBasePrice is set to true if "admin" or "shopadmin" but not shopper, and there is where I get lost.

Milbo

I am just redoing this feature mabeall32. So Banquet says that he needs it so, that you cant see the prices, but that you can order them by cart.

Hmm, I added a shoppergroup for anonymous people. So I think we should handle everything with the shoppergroups. Not joomla ACL groups or virtuemart groups.

So the catalogue mode should disable the cart related things (add to cart, checkout and so on).

But I still get in trouble what todo with the cart, when the prices are not shown. When the people add something to the cart and open it, they see the prices.

I could also connect the product prices to the bill prices, for exampel

billDiscountAmount = discountAmount
billTaxAmount = taxAmount
billTotal = salesPrice

So when the shopper is not allowed to see the discountAmount, he does not see the billDiscountAmount.. or when he is not allowed to see the salesPrice, then he does not see the billTotal
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

And I think it would make much more sense to connect the show_prices to the catalogue mode. So when there is "show_prices=False" it acting like catalogue mode.

This would make it possible, that you can define which prices to show to a shoppergroup and when no price should be shown to disable the cart (catalogue mode) for this specific shoppergroup. Consider that I added a default anonymous shoppergroup now!

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on November 14, 2011, 21:48:00 PM
Quote from: Milbo on November 14, 2011, 21:37:22 PM
Are there people who actually want not to display prices, but the cart functions?

YES, "Quote Cart" No prices, but submit for quote.

Hmmm, what do you mean with it? You may come into skype. btw there are a lot messages written by me, which never reached you. I can understand that it would be quite interesting for a kind of pre-ordering. You put a product in a catalogue and when enough people ordered it, you buy it, but you dont know the price before. I do not really get the trick. You can also say, okey this shoppergroup can buy for free, we just use vm as a kind of internal wares system, people within the company can just order there their office stuff (paper, pencil, glue and so on). So they should not see prices, but you want know how much you spent for office stuff.

I need more explanation
[/quote]

PRO

So the customer can submit many products for a large purchase. Then the store owner can respond with a "quote" "estimate" "proposal"

katagram

Quote from: mabeall32 on November 15, 2011, 03:02:45 AM
unfortunately, the client doesn't want anyone but registered users to have the ability to see prices. 
I tried using the shopping groups but, it didn't work. (or I set it up wrong.) I  "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" = true,   I created a shopper group that show the price and the default not to show price.  I change the user to new shopping group but  no price.

What I have found,  If the user permission is set to "shopper", it treats them the same as unregistered users.  if they are set to Admin or shopadmin it works correctly.  I trace it back to permissions.php where showBasePrice is set to true if "admin" or "shopadmin" but not shopper, and there is where I get lost.

Did you actually find a solution for this??

Gary