[ SOLVED ] Internal Server Error when Add/Edit billing address information

Started by robert101083, January 04, 2013, 07:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert101083

Hi All,

Just tried to do a test order in my test shop. But when I click the "Add/Edit billing address information" button or the "Add/Edit shipment address" button, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. Doesn't matter if it a Registered (the Shop Amdin) of a new user.

What to do, what to do?

Joomla 2.5.8
Virtuemart 2.0.16

Cheers,
Robert

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Look at the server error log for a description of the cause. All 500s are logged.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robert101083

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 04, 2013, 12:00:43 PM
Look at the server error log for a description of the cause. All 500s are logged.

Thnx for the tip! But unfortunately nothing was added to the log when the error was recreated. But my hosting provider told me the that this could happen when the server is trying to open a page that doesn't exist - dir listing is not allowed on my server. So I had a look at the path in the link/form.

With Joomla's own Search Engine Friendly URLs on: <a class="details" href="/oppys/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT?Itemid=0"> Add/Edit billing address information </a>
With Joomla's own Search Engine Friendly URLs off: <a class="details" href="/oppys/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=BT"> Add/Edit billing address information </a>
Turns out I forgot Joomla's own Use URL rewriting : <a class="details" href="/oppys/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT?Itemid=0"> Add/Edit billing address information </a>

I already changed htaccess.txt to .htaccess but just forgot to turn on Use URL rewriting.

Cheers,
Robert