News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Combined product pricing

Started by Curtis Miller, February 25, 2014, 00:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Miller

Hi there

I need to figure out how to set up the pricing for a product but I'm not sure on how to achieve it. I'll explain first and then see if any of you clever people can suggest a solution  :D

Product - Gift Vouchers
Description - the website allows a store to order printed gift cards to sell to their customers. These gift cards are available in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations. 
The store can order any combination of cards ie 1 x $5, 2 x $20, 3 x $50   If they order 1 - 9 cards the charge is a flat $30 per order regardless of if they order 1 card or 9 cards. If they order 10 cards or more the charge is flat $50 per order.

The customer needs to be able to nominate the number of each card denomination they wish to order and Virtuemart counts the number of cards ordered and charges either the $30 or $50 flat order fee depending on the number of cards ordered.

I hope this is clear...If anyone has any suggestions I will be eternally grateful.

Regards

Curtis

Curtis Miller

If it helps, I've attached a visual of what I'm trying to achieve.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Curtis Miller

Thanks Jenkin

I think it points me in the right direction. I think I'm going to have to get to grips with Child products first.