News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Complete Un-Install of VM2 + Directories

Started by tvos, July 22, 2013, 20:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvos

Jenkinhill,

Awhile back, I installed VM2 for my Joomla 2.5.11 environment. VM2 being a excellent open source for e-commerce didn't fit the structure of
my business since my site is centered around subscription based.

I removed VM2 from extension manager and yet noticed still there is residue of VM2 in Joomla CMS back end.

In the JoomlArt Extensions Manager there is: plg_search_virtuemart  and  Plugin manager there is: Virtuemart Product which is disabled

No option to remove these two instances. How?

Last but not least, my domain ftp folder structure folders pertaining to VM.

/domain name/joomla
vmfiles folder

/domain name/cache
com_virtuemart.updates.ini

/domain name/plugins
vmcalculation
vmcustom
vmpayment
vmshipment

By removing these, will there be any problems down the road that joomla might try to reference these locations?

I don't want to go through every folder just to clean up VM2 which the un-install process should have done. If I remove these folders will that resolve my problem with the extension mananger and plugin manager?

There needs to be a step by step instructions here in VM2 on the entire un-install, clean up process.

Jenkinhill - you gave me basic's and what to look for, however it was generic. Please provide a full directory locations of
where VM2 is installed. Not only will this help me, but others as well down the road testing the product.

If my business site wasn't subscription based, VM2 would work perfect.

Thank You for your time and assistance.

David A. Warner