News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Adding to quantity doesn't show price change live.

Started by idlepress, January 18, 2013, 08:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idlepress

I'm using Virtuemart 2.0.18a amd Joomla 2.5.8

When I'm on a product and I try to add to the quantity, the Sales price: $xxx, doesn't change. It flashes and when I view the cart the number I put in are added, but I need the price to update live when the buyer is adding to the quantity.

I know this worked before. It may have stopped working with an update I did. I'm surprised not to have found any threads on this, maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Any help?

jenkinhill

On the product details page the price shown is per product unit - and as far as I recall has always been so.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

idlepress

Are you saying the price isn't supposed to update on the product page when the quantity is updated? I'm 75% sure it has updated itself in the past when I hit the + / - quantity buttons. If it never did change, why does it flash when adjusting the quantity?

If this isn't a natural process for Virtuemart, does anyone know of a plugin that would show an updated price per quantity?

jenkinhill

The "flash" is the price range updater. When you set a lower price for (say) 2 or more products the shown price is updated to the new quantity figure.

Never heard of a plugin to update the product unit price, what you would need to show would be the value to be added to the cart if the products are purchased.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

samanpasha

I have Same Probelm. How Can I update the Price Depending On Quantity Change, in Productdetails Page.

i think I Must make some changes to following file: \html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\deafult.php  or in vmprice.js or......

any solution ?

elcangrejo

Hi

I have the same request. What .js file and what function should I modify to update the price when the quantity is increased or decreased ?

Thx

jdponce

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 18, 2013, 18:49:26 PM
The "flash" is the price range updater. When you set a lower price for (say) 2 or more products the shown price is updated to the new quantity figure.

Never heard of a plugin to update the product unit price, what you would need to show would be the value to be added to the cart if the products are purchased.

Take a look at this one
http://free2demo.com/demo/E-commerce/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1&Itemid=567#/0