News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Buy Now Feature/Hack?

Started by kevinburk, March 25, 2012, 08:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinburk

Is there any way to create a buy now function? Ideally, I'd like to be able to create a custom url that when clicked automatically adds a product to the cart and goes directly to the checkout page. I found what was supposed to be a hack for this in the older forums, but it only seems to apply to VM 1.x because I can't find any of the files I'm supposed to modify in the 2.x version.

I can't be alone in needing this — it would allow me (and others) to embed product purchase links in eMails, newsletters, or even off-site sales pages.

A one click, direct to checkout feature would be a huge benefit. I've found it in another product, but that product lacks the ability to customize shipping (via product-specific options that affect price), which I rely on in VirtueMart.

SpaceRabbit

If I understand you correctly you want the button 'Buy now' near 'Details' button on items in categories.., if it is
You must add code of 'Add to cart' button in that file: components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

kevinburk

No. You misunderstand what I need. This isn't a template issue or a display issue, and I don't need a new button. I need new functionality.

I need to be able to get code for a URL that, when clicked from outside of the website 1) adds the product to the cart and 2) immediately opens the checkout page.

I can do this with HikaShop quite easily; however, HikaShop has bigger issues that make it a less than ideal choice for me.

robert

Did you ever figure this out? I would also like to add similar functionality.

Any insight would be appreciated.