News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payplans + VM2 Un-Install

Started by tvos, June 30, 2013, 18:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvos

Jenkinhill,

I just tested three different membership payment add on's to joomla and it looks like pay plans is my best route.

Exactly what I want it to do and being able to control user access with a membership subscription.

How come VM2 doesn't have this feature built in? I think OSE membership was a add on to resolve this problem
with VM2 but a commercial application with price. Might as well go with payplans or membership pro instead of VM2.

Lastly, your directions on removing VM2 were clear but I noticed there was still VM folders left behind after the un-install.

Is there a better way to remove VM2 in it's entirety or just disable the program from running in joomla?

Thank You,

Dave

jenkinhill

Use FTP to remove any empty directories after uninstalling the component, modules and plugins in Joomla's extensions manager. VirtueMart is developed as a shopping system for selling products, not for controlling access to site content using ACL. As I stated, if it is just access control you need there are speshitpillt components to do exactly that.  And yes, plugins could be used to include ACL but why use a sledgehammer to crack a small nut....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tvos

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 30, 2013, 19:22:01 PM
  And yes, plugins could be used to include ACL but why use a sledgehammer to crack a small nut....

I agree and all my efforts in vein for the last month learning VM2 were futile, but at least I know the in/out how to get it working... good knowing
for future customer projects.

What might be nice is to have a Un-Install VM thread posted as a sticky with what we discussed so others can view as well.

All the best and again Thank You,

Dave