News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Edit virtuemart table

Started by Superdrac, June 07, 2012, 17:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superdrac

Hi, i want to know one thing.. It's possible to edit virtuemart table ?

I want to add a field 'code' in the table jos_virtuemart_categories_fr_fr but when it's done, and  when i go on the option, the table is automatically updated and my field is deleted.

How i can make for keep my field on ?

Thank you

Superdrac

I found a solution, and i want to share it... For add a fields in category table, you need to edit the file 'install.sql' who is here

'\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\install\' '

Search 'categories', when it's done, you can add a fields in the list. After this, you need to Reset all your tables, and the field will be created.

When you will edit virtuemart configuration, he will not be deleted.

Cordially

jenkinhill

This would be overwritten during each VirtueMart update, though, so you would need to backup the table each time.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Superdrac

Yes, i know, but you have another solution ?

jenkinhill

I was wondering if something could be added to virtuemart.cfg to prevent that table updating. eg see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98328

Maybe Milbo will have an idea about this.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Superdrac

I had read, the topic that you link, but i don't really understand.... I opened the virtuemart.cfg file and i don't see any option for add a fields in a table.. What can i do ?

Cordially

jenkinhill

I don't know. That's why I think it best to ask Milbo how to prevent overwriting during updates, as you won't be the only user to be adding extra db fields.

Maybe ask here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=127.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Superdrac

Ok, i will ask, thank for your help.

Cordially