News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Email and ordernumber function for VM2

Started by Anypc, July 07, 2012, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anypc

Hi everyone!

Im eagerly trying out the new 2.0.8c version of VM2 but the functions I really want still dont exist :( Are there plans for it in the future?

I would really like these features:

- Sequential Ordernumbers. Every order placed in the webshop is +1

- Mail to customer and vendor after placing order and before payment complete (like in VM1.1.9). When customer clicks 'confirm order' we both get an email with the details. Because sometimes payment doesnt go as planned I would like to recieve an email and mail the customer.

- Auto order category. When I add a new category it starts at the top somewhere, I would like it to be that Videocard appears at the bottom.

Thanks for your answers.

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Version J2.5.4 with VM 2.0.3E.

Anypc

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Anypc

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Anypc

Still hoping someone answers these (pretty vital) questions!
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

reinhold

At least for the first issue (sequential order and invoice numbers), I have now created such a plugin, which allows the shop owner to change the order number, order password and invoice number at will:
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/40-vm2-ordernumber.html

The format is given as a text string, where [...] is understood as a variable and replaced by its value (e.g. [year] by the current year).

The running counter is indicated by #. The counter can be configured to be global (e.g. not reset each year/month/..) or a separate counter for each year/month/...
If you only want the order number as a running count, the format is simply '#' (without the quotes). If you want to prefix the order/invoice numbers by the year or year+month then the format it simply '[year]-#' or '[year2][month]#'...

I hope you like the plugin and it does what you need. If you have any suggestions or further needs, just tell me: office@open-tools.net