News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How could I change the out of stock, notify me message?

Started by Mister Paul, September 24, 2020, 23:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Paul

Hi,

I use a French version of VirtueMart 3.4.2 and I don't see where I could customize the Fench version of the out of stock, notify me, message...
I just can't find where I should intervene...

Any help?
::)

Thanks
Paul

Jörgen

Please use THE Joomla language override in Joomla back end. You Will will be able to search for the string and make an override as you wish. Please use back end translation and tick the box use in front end and back end.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

strings in

components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\mail_html_notify.php or your over ride
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Mister Paul

Thanks guys!

I didn't know the Joomla language override in Joomla back end. What a very efficient tool. Great!
Thanks a lot.
8)

Jörgen

Yes, it is very nice to use.

And making overrides there will not disappear with an update of the language files.

But remember, set strings for the back end and tick box use both front end and back end. You could strictly set only for frontend and back end and hope that the extension, in our case VM, only uses it in one place, but often it is used in both frontend and backend. But the language files are separate :)

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Mister Paul