News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

View Product by Users Manufacture

Started by rawazwest, December 18, 2015, 10:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawazwest

Hello,

I'm creating an online shop with virtuemart 2 with a lot of items, and when i am creating a New User I'm choosing the manufacture for the new user, and when the user logs in i want it to show only the products from the chosen manufacture.

This is really important, please let me know if this is possible and how to do it.

Thank you.

jenkinhill

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

when i am creating a New User I'm choosing the manufacture for the new user,

How are you doing that?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rawazwest

I'm using Virtuemart 2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.28 and PHP Version 5.4.43
I added a custom field Manufacturer ID: to Joomla registration form and now i can select the manufacturer when I'm create a new user.

Now what i need to do is to edit category layout to check the user profile and see which manufacturer is chosen to view only those products. But the problem is here no matter how many times i edit category layout nothing changes.

Please let me know if you need any information.
Thank you.

jenkinhill

As a priority you should condider updating your very old and insecure VirtueMart version.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

I don't see how that manufacturer id is available when viewing a category.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rawazwest

Yeah i noticed that, i updated my joomla to 3.3.1 and VirtueMart to 3.0.12.

i want to modify the code, instead of calling categoryID i want it to call manufactureID from the users table and then show products from that manufacture.
and the user could only check his own manufacture products not another manufacture.