News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show all custom field on category view

Started by ramailo, January 23, 2016, 20:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramailo

hello i have the latest version of  Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable  and VirtueMart 3.0.12 im trying to show the custom field titles and   value of custom fields inside the box i tryed to look inside the code as they sayed here

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100191.0

but i wasn't able to find the short description box

any help please

jenkinhill

Custom fields show in the category view on the default Virtuemart templates, it looks like your commercial template does not include the code for that. If you rename your folder [joomla root]/templates[yourJoomlaTemplate]/html/com_virtuemart to something different then you will automatically use the default VM templates. (Or just remane the file  [joomla root]/templates[yourJoomlaTemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php)

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ramailo

It didn't work for me i had to put it manually in the file product. Php inside virtuemart/sublayout

esperance

Quote from: ramailo on January 26, 2016, 18:28:48 PM
It didn't work for me i had to put it manually in the file product. Php inside virtuemart/sublayout

I have the same problem. Using virtuemart 3.0.12,joomla 3.4.8/ purity iii.
I checked "Show product customfields in browse views" but it doesn't work.
How exactly did you do it? It's been two weeks and I still can't figure it out >:(
Any help please !

Studio 42

Quote from: esperance on February 01, 2016, 15:31:26 PM
Quote from: ramailo on January 26, 2016, 18:28:48 PM

I have the same problem. Using virtuemart 3.0.12,joomla 3.4.8/ purity iii.
I checked "Show product customfields in browse views" but it doesn't work.
How exactly did you do it? It's been two weeks and I still can't figure it out >:(
Any help please !
Thi only work for "cart" and "ontop' positions.
If you need to include other position, then you have to modify the files.
If you don't see "cart" and "ontop" then your template is obselete.

This is the code for eg for top position in categories:
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('addtocart',array('product'=>$product,'rowHeights'=>$rowsHeight[$row], 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart'))); ?>

In product details
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('customfields',array('product'=>$this->product,'position'=>'ontop'));

So you can include it using this code.