News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

SEO problem with cart

Started by immanenza.it, March 08, 2014, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

immanenza.it

Hello guys! I have some problem with my website (http://www.immanenza.it)
I use Joomla 2.5.19 and Virtuemart 2.0
This is my SEO configuration in Joomla:

* I have also tried to switch on "Alias Unicode" but nothing is changed

And this is my Virtuemart SEO Tab:

*I have tried some other combinations but the result was always the same.

So, this is my problem:
when I active SEO from Joomla and Virtuemart and add products into my cart it works fine but when I click on "mostra il carrello" (show your cart) the website redirect to the homepage and the cart is show in the middle of the page in this way:

how you can see the link is http://www.immanenza.it/carrello.html

The same thing happen when I click on "seleziona una modalità di spedizione" (select a shipment method):

and the link is: http://www.immanenza.it/carrello/modifica-spedizione.html and when I click on save it is redirect to http://www.immanenza.it/carrello.html again

The same thing happen when I click on "seleziona un metodo di pagamento" (select a payment method) and on "Confirma l'ordine" (confirming order).

I have changed my htaccess.txt into .htaccess and the website is located in the main folder of my server.

This is my .htaccess and my host is "Tophost":

Quote##
# @package      Joomla
# @copyright   Copyright (C) 2005 - 2014 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license      GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
##

##
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE!
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
##

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

## Mod_rewrite in use.

RewriteEngine On

## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.
# If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
# This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode data within the URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*\([^)]*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root homepage
RewriteRule .* index.php [F]
#
## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.

## Begin - Custom redirects
#
# If you need to redirect some pages, or set a canonical non-www to
# www redirect (or vice versa), place that code here. Ensure those
# redirects use the correct RewriteRule syntax and the [R=301,L] flags.
#
## End - Custom redirects

##
# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root).
##

RewriteBase /

## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section.
#
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
#
# If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request
# has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
# and the request is for something within the component folder,
# or for the site root, or for an extensionless URL, or the
# requested URL ends with one of the listed extensions
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|\.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC]
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# internally rewrite the request to the index.php script
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
#
## End - Joomla! core SEF Section.

I have used some plugin like Joomsef and sh404 but I still have this problem.
I hope someone can help me!
Thank you!

jjk

I don't speak Italian, but from what I can see it looks like you currently don't have a menu which contains a menu item for 'Show your cart'. You could create for example a a 'Customer Menu' which includes menu items for 'View Cart', 'View your order history', 'View your customer account'.  If there is for example no 'Show your cart' menu item, Joomla will most likely redirect you to the home page.

Another problem is that you have 'Adds Suffix to URL' activated in your Joomla configuration. This creates duplicate suffixes which confuses the routers when creating SEF urls) when using VirtueMart, because VirtueMart needs a suffix of your choice set in the VirtueMart Configuration > SEO tab > Seo suffix (default is '-default', but you can also use -htm or -html or -book, ...)

SEF urls are working very well using the original Joomla SEF urls. JoomSEF or sh404sef are not required. The latter adds a huge amount of generated urls to a cache file which makes your shop slower. If you uninstalled or disabled it, you should also clear its cache folder.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

immanenza.it

Quote from: jjk on March 08, 2014, 11:03:24 AM
I don't speak Italian, but from what I can see it looks like you currently don't have a menu which contains a menu item for 'Show your cart'. You could create for example a a 'Customer Menu' which includes menu items for 'View Cart', 'View your order history', 'View your customer account'.  If there is for example no 'Show your cart' menu item, Joomla will most likely redirect you to the home page.

Another problem is that you have 'Adds Suffix to URL' activated in your Joomla configuration. This creates duplicate suffixes which confuses the routers when creating SEF urls) when using VirtueMart, because VirtueMart needs a suffix of your choice set in the VirtueMart Configuration > SEO tab > Seo suffix (default is '-default', but you can also use -htm or -html or -book, ...)

SEF urls are working very well using the original Joomla SEF urls. JoomSEF or sh404sef are not required. The latter adds a huge amount of generated urls to a cache file which makes your shop slower. If you uninstalled or disabled it, you should also clear its cache folder.

Thankyou JJk for your reply!
Thanks your suggestions I have solved all my problems!
I have used this guide to create new menu and to assign to it the cart component of Virtuemart and the component of Search engine (because I had the same problem with it).
http://www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla
It was a problem of missing ID!
Thank you very much!

immanenza.it

Before to close this thread I have another simple question for you!
When I have tried to use JoomSEF or Sh404SEF this extensions had the possibility to create themselves the meta-tags for each pages of website. Because I have unnistalled them do you can suggest me some other extension just to create self meta-tags?

jjk

I never used one of the automatic meta tag tools because you get better results in the search engines if you do them manually.
Maybe this is of interest for you: http://www.theshortcutts.com/
Filter for "Meta"
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations