News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How create "User Account" personal Page?

Started by arturmuse200, August 07, 2012, 20:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arturmuse200

Hi dear guys. Please help me to create user personal account page for customers in my site.
So, that registered customer can go to their orders, look at the Purchase history, to change something in the new orders (add, delete, change the delivery address, personal info.change password, etc..)? Prompt implementation of the road? may have a ready nice module or component? I searched but could not find anything, how I can do this?
Please look the attached screenshot for example.

Attilio

WebStuff

You can add an "Acount Maintenance" link to the Login form like so:
1/. Navigate to [YOUR_SITE_ROOT]/modules/mod_login/tmpl
2/. Copy the the file default.php
3/. Navigate to [YOUR_SITE_ROOT]/templates/[YOUR_TEMPLATE]/html (if html doesn't exist just create it and set permissions)
4/. Create a folder called mod_login
5/. Set any permissions for the folder so it is readable by the web user.
6/. Paste the default.php here and (set it's permissions too).
7/. Open the file and add the following code to it where you would like it to appear:
<div>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit'); ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('Account Maintenance'); ?></a>
</div>

It must be in the <form> at the top denoted by:<?php if ($type == 'logout') : ?>
Otherwise it will appear before anyone has logged in.

If you also want a "Order History" link then you can add this (though there is a view order link on the account maintenance page) :
<div>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=list'); ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('Account Maintenance'); ?></a>
</div>

Or just create menu items pointing to those pages.

Hope this helps.