VM2 offline credit card - how to show entire card in backend

Started by etzel123, April 11, 2012, 23:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etzel123

Hello,
I just purchased the offline credit card processing plugin for VM2 and I was seeing if it would be possible to display the entire credit card in the backed like in the old days of VM1.  I think I have found the code (in the alatak_creditcard.php file) but when I change the 4 to 0 it throws errors and automatically deletes the credit card in the VM backend order details.  Any help on the issue is much appreciated.

$pad_cc_number = str_pad($pad_cc_number, $this->_email_cc_len, "*");
$cc_number = wordwrap(substr($this->_cc_number, 0, $cc_number_len) . $pad_cc_number, 4, " ", true);

etzel123

Anyone have any suggestions?  I tried contacting the developer but their contact us button is broken. 

This module isnt working as I can get the last 4 digits.  It says that it is supposed to email in the order confirmation the last four but it doesnt.  I can only see the first numbers in the virtuemart backend. 

Frustrating  :(

jjk

You didn't mention which exact version of VM2 you are using. Did you read this? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=91116.msg331730#msg331730
Where is the broken link to the developer? The one on the product page at http://extensions.virtuemart.net/ is working.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Bruce Morgan

The rules for credit card tranactions are much more strict now and no processor will allow you to store credit card information.  In fact, they now require automated scans that verify security features.  Don't even think about it.

jenkinhill

etzel123  what you are asking is probably illegal but most certainly banned by card merchant service rules in the UK, EU, US, Canada, Aus and probably a whole load more countries. Seriously heavy fines are a possibility.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

etzel123

jjk - I am running the current 2.0.4 VM2 version.  I checked out that post you sent, should I try development files?? or am I already on the most recent?  It is the same issue- the card isn't being sent with the invoice sent to the shop email.

Interesting Bruce-  I understand the point in doing it like this but the fact of the matter is the customer is giving you there credit card and it is available regardless.  In a way I suppose that its a little safer to have the last four emailed and the rest available in VM and databse.

jenkinhill-  In VM1 it seemed this was a common thing to do.  I guess I will try and get the email of the last four to work.

Appreciate the help regardless guys.

jjk

Quote from: etzel123 on April 13, 2012, 21:40:11 PM
should I try development files??

The emails with the last four digits was working last week. Just tested it with 2.0.4 again and found the numbers missing in the emails. I'll check this with the developer of the plugin tomorrow. Maybe we need to update the plugin.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

etzel123

Bruce Morgan

My site has been up since 2003 and the rules have changed a lot especially in the last 1-2 years.  I use authorize.net with AIM integration and so the customer checks out without ever leaving my site.  I never see the credit card data either so it is infinitely more secure.  The processors are dead serious about security and so are government.  Screwing with this will be a lose/lose.

etzel123

So how is it possible to do offline credit card processing than!!!??

Bruce Morgan

You can phone it in with information you have taekn verbally.  You can use a wireless terminal.  You can use the virtual teminal available from authorize.net (which is the best solution).  Why do you need an offline solution?

etzel123

Well why do the developers make a module to purchase if its not allowed?  There is nothing wrong with manual credit card processing over VM

alatak

Hi

Quote from: etzel123 on April 13, 2012, 20:12:08 PM
Anyone have any suggestions?  I tried contacting the developer but their contact us button is broken. 

This module isnt working as I can get the last 4 digits.  It says that it is supposed to email in the order confirmation the last four but it doesnt.  I can only see the first numbers in the virtuemart backend. 

Frustrating  :(

Yes there was a problem with Virtuemart version 2.0.4. It is fixed for the 2.0.6

meanwhile you can fix it by changing this line
in file components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php
line 175
replace:
<td align="right" class="pricePad" colspan="6"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_PAYMENT'?></td>

by
<td align="right" class="pricePad" colspan="6<?php echo $this->orderDetails['paymentName']  ?><td>

alatak

Hi,

QuoteWell why do the developers make a module to purchase if its not allowed?  There is nothing wrong with manual credit card processing over VM
It is allowed to do manual processing of Credit Cards, but you have to follow certain rules.
In france it is allowed only if your web site and web hosting is PCI compliant for example. The webmaster and Shop owner are responsable for following the PCI requirements.
A lot of big shops do it.

You can have a look here:https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/merchants/

etzel123

Thank you for fixing that Alatak!  One more question, as soon as I made that change it is now forwarding the messages to the spam folder. This was not happening before.  Any suggestions?