News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show Out Of Stock Products But Make Them Unorderable

Started by harrys1, March 01, 2013, 19:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrys1

At the moment we do not show products that are out of stock. We would like to show these products as being out of stock but unorderable. Is this possible?

jenkinhill

In Configuration/Shopfront select
"Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed"   - you can add your own text about being no longer orderable.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mexicanoo

Virtuemart  2.0.8c
Joomla 2.5.6

Question is how to change the text when any product is out of stock

<?php if (!VmConfig::get('use_as_catalog') && (VmConfig::get 'display_stock')) ){?>
<div class="paddingtop8">
<span class="vmicon vm2-<?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?>" title="<?php echo $product->stock->stock_tip  ?>"></span>
<span class="stock-level"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCK_LEVEL_DISPLAY_TITLE_TIP'?></span>
</div>
<?php }?>

i'm not a php guru but i think this is the source which must be changed
can someone help me?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Versions of VirtueMart below 2.0.10 are considered to be insecure so should not be used for a live store.

For text changes see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mexicanoo

I probably did not express correctly :)
I wish to show a different stock level not just with a image but also to change text or message
example of the image that was attached:
first product  is out of stock and  grey line shows  product is out of stock and message is "Current stock level", but i want just to change the message in "Product is out of stock"
The products which are in stock does not change anything in message that means the message remain "Current stock level"