News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopping cart text "Notes and special requests"

Started by maxdeal, September 15, 2012, 16:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxdeal

Hi,

Where can I change the text "Notes and special requests" that you will find in the lower part of the cart?
I have changed a lot of other texts but have not managed to find this.

It's kind of stupid to have this in english when the rest is in norwegian :-)

Maxdeal

bytelord

Hello,

The string is COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT_CART and is located inside lang_com_virtuemart.ini
But you should use joomla 2.5 language override option. Take a look here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106483.msg355751#msg355751

Hope helps you out.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

maxdeal

Hi,

I can not see that this is correct. COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT_CART can not be found in the ini file.

I am using the latest version of virtuemart.

The text I'm looking for, and want to change, is "Notes and special requests"

Joomla 2.5.6
Virtuemart 2.0.10

jjk

Normally it is in the file YourJoomlaRootFolder\language\nb-NO\nb-NO.com_virtuemart.ini, line 112, which reads: COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT_CART="Merknader og ønsker". (Provided that you are using the Norwegian Bokmål language files). If it doesn't load for some reasion, please enable 'Debug Language' in the Joomla configuration, then go to your cart page and see if Joomla Debug reports any errors.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

maxdeal

ok, then I managed to fix it :-)

Looks like it was some kind of update problem.

I also want to have norwegian text in the e-mail sent to the shopper when I select the shipped status for the order.
I can see all the texts for the other e-mails, but not this one.

The text is something like this: "<order number>, Shipped order from <company>, total kr100"

jjk

I think at present the status emails depend on the selected backend language. So if you want to send norwegian status change emails, you will have to switch your Joomla backend (administrator) language to norwegian first.

bytelord

As jjk said the email language depends on the language you have on the FE when you make (or a client makes) an order from the FE.
Every time you update order status from the BE also the language that will be used on emails depends with the language your have currently logon at the BE.

PS: This will be a nice feature for 2.2 (Select by default mail language options).

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

maxdeal

This is not the solution to my problem. All my e-mails are in norwegian except the e-mail sent when the status is "Shipped"
I can se all the subject texts for the e-mails lying in the nb_NO.com_virtuemart.ini but not the one for the shipped status e-mail to the shopper. The e-mail comming to me is in norwegian. That is also added in the ini file.

this is what I have in the ini file
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_B="[%3$s] - Bekreftet ordre på %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_C="[%3$s] - Bekreftet ordre på %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_P="[%3$s] - Ventende ordre på %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_B="[%3$s] - Bekreftet ordre av %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_C="[%3$s] - Bekreftet ordre av %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_P="[%3$s] - Ventende ordre av %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_R="[%3$s] - Refundert ordre for %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_S="[%3$s] - Utlevert ordre for %1$s, på totalt %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_X="[%3$s] - Annullert ordre for %1$s, på totalt %2$s"

I added the following without any result:
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_S="[%3$s] - Utlevert ordre for %1$s, på totalt %2$s"

jjk

Quote from: maxdeal on September 24, 2012, 09:40:10 AM
I added the following without any result:
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_S="[%3$s] - Utlevert ordre for %1$s, på totalt %2$s"

On my installation this line already exists in the backend language file in line 765.
There should also be a corresponding line in the frontend language file ...\language\nb-NO\nb-NO.com_virtuemart.ini (line 185):
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_S="[%3$s] - Levert ordre fra %1$s, på totalt %2$s"