News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Comparison Project

Started by interweaving, February 25, 2011, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

interweaving

Hi All,

I'm looking for someone who is highly experienced in VirtueMart, and a gun at writing new extensions around it.

My goal is multifaceted and I have to say I have little experience specifically with Virtuemart but I have great experience in enterprise web development.

Goals for functionality:

1. Display utility products with different categories on different pages with different display structures but an integrated shopping cart.  Electricity, Gas, Phone, Broadband, Mobile Phone, Pay TV, and Movie Providers.

2. Compare products and restrict search results by multiple limiting product features.

3. Maintain complete separation between user, vendor, manufacturer, and product attributes.

4. Create virtual products (or a hack) of product & vendor & attribute combinations.  (iPhone 32 [product] + Vodaphone [vendor] + 50GB Data + 24 month plan + free local and national calls [attributes])

Additonal features similar to competing websites Switchwise.com.au and youcompare.com.au

It may prove too costly to integrate this functionality into VirtueMart, and it could be done custom otherwise.  However, it seems like VirtueMart has a lot of the background functionality that could be utilized (product classifications, categories, etc.).

If you have any interest in this project please contact me on DanWarner @ Interweaving.com  (I'm in Australia)

Quotes to date have been in the $1,000 to $2,000 range but didn't include developing it as an extension in Virtuemart.

Cheers,

Dan