News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

updated to vm 2.0.20 on Joomla 2.5.11 prices won't save

Started by lorartemis, June 12, 2013, 16:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorartemis

updated to vm 2.0.20 on Joomla 2.5.11 and the product prices won't save

I'm trying to edit prices of a product for a client to add a discount of £25.   I added a discount to the tax and calcs rule, following instructions on a post here.   However, when I save it closes the product, doesn't save the information and takes me back to the VM2 control panel.   I'd expect it to keep me in the product edit screen when I save, rather than 'save and close'.

Any ideas?   it does this on both 2.0.20 and 2.0.20b versions.     Can anyone suggest why I can't save the changes?    Edited to add php version 5.3.25 as that's probably why there hasn't been a reply yet lol.

I tried upgrading to 2.0.20c and that makes no difference.   I've repaired the tables and done everything I can think of.    When I edit the override price in the database it shows the reduced price.   but whatever I try, I cannot edit pricing at the front end.     this is a live site and all the others I have upgraded have been fine, so I'm baffled.

Thanks
Loraine

hca402

Same issue here with the same version on both joomla and virtuemart

joelsuria

I have the same problem, in the create new products, the info of the Product Information its save OK but the price not save, I reinstall and have the same problem when I tried to
edit the sample products, tried edit the price and its not possible. Help please. Thanks

deppdog82

I have the same problem. Everything else in the product edit screen works but it will not record any pricing info.

lorartemis

Can anyone help with this?   I know the mods are busy, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. happy to provide login info via pm etc if you can help me?

deppdog82

My problem is most likely not related. I have determined that my problem has come from a conflict with the Cherry Picker module. The file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php was overwritten with older code when installing this module and will not allow me to save prices.

- Correction, I must have installed the wrong version. I went on the website for the Cherry Picker module and found the correct product.php file for my Virtuemart version. Now everything works.