News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to list Manufacturers below Category on single page

Started by butchtones, March 13, 2012, 15:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchtones

Hello All,
This is my first VM site and I'm trying to navigate my way through and would appreciate any detailed help you could provide.  I'm currently using VM "Categories Layout".  I would like to maintain this look but add the manufacturer below it.

So the landing page would be the category options and then they would select their manufacturer from the list below the category where the image currently resides.

Example:
Category (not selectable)
Manufacturer 1 (click and bring to those products)
Manufacturer 2 (click and bring to those products)
Manufacturer 3 (click and bring to those products)

Thank you so much for your assistance.

balai

I don't know if this is exactly what you want but you can have at the Custom Filters.
The Starter (Free) version have category and manufacturer filters and it auto-returns the manufacturers of the displayed category.

http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/custom-filters

lipes

Balai: good afternoon
Could you solve the problem on Image 6 in this post here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99052.msg329013#msg329013

we can only add 1 Categorie name by 1 Manufacturer... this is quite strange because in real life the Manufacturers have many Categories for example, the brand Samsung have (TV, DVD, CS, Radios, Monitor, External Hard Drives, Pen Drive, etc...)

This option could be (or must be) like we already got in VM2 SHOP > Vendor > Currency > List of accepted currencies....
we can choose many currencies that we want .. and even delete them!

tks, best regards
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

balai

Hi

I suppose that the Manufacturer Category is designed mainly for backend reasons.

I think that this can change only hacking VM and doing changes to the database schema because in the current database schema a Manufacturer can have only 1 Category.