News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Move virtuemart - surprised nobody knows the answer to this

Started by tormodnor, May 13, 2012, 22:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tormodnor

Hi,

Im upgrading, and I have just made a new J2.5 installation with Virtuemart 2.0.6. Then i managed to import both the joomla user tables and virtemart user and order tables to my new installation. Now there is just one thing left, to move the migrated VM 2.6 installation from the Jupgrade location, and over to the new fresh installation.... (move products and categories, settings etc.) How can I do this? Is it just to copy the files and folder from the ftp and just paste them in the same place in the new installation?

tormodnor

bump please..

This should be a quite essential question which many people should be wondering about.

jubocrisp

Hi tormodnor,

I am actually in the same situation myself and i have not managed to find any information about this online.
I hope that some clever brain on this forum knows the solution.

tormodnor

Hey there:)

Well, i havnt gotten any answers yet, not here, and not at the Joomla forum. Its weird that nobody knows..

I have tried different things though, i.e., i tried replacing

/administrator/components/com_virtemart
/administrator/components/com_virtemart_allinone
/components/com_virtemart
/components/com_virtemart_allinone
/images/stories/virtemart

but, the site just went all white, with only the text "sign up" and "login" showing.

I think the trick is to copy "only" the right files, not the entire folder.. BUt which one i dont know.

To sum up:
My current online site is running J1.5 with VM 1.9. On this i installed Jupgrade and upgrated to joomla 2.5, and migrated the VM 1.9 to 2.0, (url: site.com/jupgrade). After successfull migration, i updated to the latest VM version, 2.0.6. All products, categories and users are migrated successfully from the online VM 1.9 installation. So far so good.

Then, on a "mamp" localhost, i installed a fresh J2.5 with VM 2.0.6. On this installation i imported the joomla user and vm user/order tables so that they correspond with the online Jupgrade version. This all worked.. Now, finally, im trying to move/copy the online VM 2.0.6 from the Jupgrade location to the localhost location. This is were im stuck..

Are you in the same ballpark?

paulyap2k

Backup with Akeeba in through the newly upgraded jupgrade admin path (your new J2.5), when it's restored, it'll be restored without the previous version.

look at guide here for the complete migration and restore for Joomla 1.5.x to 2.5 and Virtuemart 1.x to 2.x

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102783.0

Todd Qualls

Tormodnor,

The lack of responses to your post is an indication that forum users are having trouble understanding what it is you are trying to do. My best guess is that you need to replace your *entire* "online" site's root directory with the *entire* contents of the jupgrade directory. In addition, you need to make sure that your Joomla site is pointed at the MySQL database that you migrated. Check your configuration.php file on the "online" site for those settings.

I mean no disrespect, but you sound as though you are a bit "lost in the woods." My earnest advice to you is that you either wait until more robust VM migration tools are available, or that you find a professional developer and pay them to help you.

Because of all the core changes to the database and the template layouts, a migration to VM2 is a major undertaking and should not be entered into lightly. In addition, and more importantly, you should be migrating both a "localhost" site and a "localhost" database and get them working *completely* before doing anything to your "online" site.

I wrote a "How-To" on my blog (http://www.teqknowledgy.com/index.php/news/28-articles/44-how-to-virtuemart-1x-to-2x-migration-), which you may find of some use. However, I will point out that I am an experienced developer and I have decided to give up on this migration (at least for now).  Good luck

Nimeshin

Hi

follow this process in link below, install VM 2.0.6 fresh install in your jupgrade site and then do a migration, it will pull in all your products, categories etc from your existing.
Do a backup first
http://dashhelp.com/entry/migrate-virtuemart-1-1-9-to-version-2-0-updates