I cannot see the cart after upgrade Virtuamart in my Joomla 2.5.28 page

Started by Claudia Saidon, June 16, 2015, 02:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claudia Saidon

Hi,
I installed VirtueMart3.0.9_Joomla_2.5.28-Stable-Full_Package.zip from the virtuemart.net page in my JA Hawkstore template. After upgrade the virtuamart, I couldn't see the cart anymore.
How can I do to back to the last version of VirtueMart (that worked perfectly...)?
Regards
Claudia

jenkinhill

Where you say that you installed it in your Hawkstore template do you mean that you already had a Joomla site running with Hawkstore installed, and that it was onto this that you installed the full package?

Did you not make a backup of the original site before updating?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Claudia Saidon

Thanks for your response... I'm using Joomla! 2.5.28, and upgrade the VirtuaMart to VirtueMart3.0.9_Joomla_2.5.28-Stable-Full_Package.zip

About first question, yes, I have a Joomla site running  with Hawkstore installed and upgrade the VirtuaMart using Extension Manager of Joomla... When upload the files, the site gave me an xml errors...

About the second one, no... I know, big mistake, but no...

I would like to know if I can go back and keep my old VirtuaMart (Installed in the original site) or if I lost all my work and start again...

jenkinhill

The problem is that you used VirtueMart3.0.9_Joomla_2.5.28-Stable-Full_Package.zip which contains both Joomla 2.5.28 and the VirtueMart 3.0.9 components pre-configured to work with the special VMBeez Joomla template. You should have used the com_virtuemart.3.0.9_extract_first.zip if upgrading to VM3.0.9 as this package contains the main VirtueMart component and the related VirtueMart-aio component.

I have no idea if the database would have been damaged, but before doing anything else I would use phpMyAdmin to make a dump of the database so you have a copy to keep safe.

If you had xml errors did the installation complete, did it hang, did it give any other error messages?

What version of VirtueMart was being used on the site before you "updated"?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Claudia Saidon

Thank you... I don't remember the original VirtueMart version installed in JA Hawkstore template... When I try install com_virtuemart.3.0.9_extract_first.zip, the message is "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file"...
I Have a way to upload to the server only the VM folders? If yes, do you know the name of the file or folder...? I cannot find them.
Thanks again, for your time and for your good disposition to help me.
Claudia

jenkinhill

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file  usually means that an update/installation cannot proceed.

As far as I can tell from the JoomlArt website, JA Hawkstore is not yet available for VirtueMart 3  - I am not a member over there so I cannot check this.

If so then the template will break when you install VirtueMart 3, that's why knowing the previous version is important. If it was a VM2.x site then it is possible that using Joomla's extensions installer and installing VM2.6.18 that the site could be recovered. Do this on a backup copy of your site, installing first com_virtuemart.2.6.18.zip immediately followed by com_virtuemart.2.6.18_ext_aio.zip and see if function returns.

But check JoomlArt first as if the template was built for VM3 then using VM2.6 won't work!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Claudia Saidon

Yes, jenkinhill, you are a genius... I can see the cart again...!!!! And no lost anything!
Thanks so much!!!! I'm new with VirtuaMart, for this reason, maybe I'll write in other opportunity.
Best regards!!!!!
Claudia

jenkinhill

Good! Now remember to regularly make backups of the site, and always test updates on copies of the main site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK