News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Since Update from 2.0.22b to 2.0.22c translation do not work anymore

Started by gleichst, September 09, 2013, 12:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gleichst

Hi we use Virtuemart 2 from 2.0.6 up to now,

we use two languages for our Products German and English.
Since the update from 2.0.22b to 2.0.22c it is no longer possible to create a Product in the second language.
Virtuemart creates the regular Product entry in virtuemart_products, it creates also the first language entry (virtuemart_products_de_de) correct,
but in the Database table of the english product virtuemart_products_en_gb it inserts no new product).

If we create an english product, Virteumart overrides the German entries.
If we switch the language for a Product-translation (of an already existing Product) we get only the first language of the Product description.
Also, since 2.0.22b the flags don't work correctly.

Regards
Steffen

alatak

gleichst

Hello Vallery,

thank you for you quick response, i' ve updatet to 2.0.22d this solve the Problem with the sql table creation of the second language.

But the problem with the Product description is still the same. If an english Product exist, I must edit the translation of the Main description of the Product direct in the Database.
I've tested the VM 2.0.22d version on my local system and the fields are loaded directly (Description of the second language) i.e
I mean local it works perfect but not with the updated version online..
Have you ever had this error?

Best Regards
Steffen

Milbo

Also when you edit a new product? or does this count only for the old ones?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gleichst

Hi milbo,

the problem appears also at new products and on old one.
the Problem looks like a selection error from the database in the long description. It seems that the field will correct write but not correct read.
I.e. if I save data in the long description field (product_en_gb) it will correct save (vm backend), but if I it read again it shows only the default (german) content.

If you would like I can provide your login credentials for our development Installation.

Regards
Steffen

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gleichst

Hello again,
we have investigated the problem and found out why this curios error occurs.

It was not an incompatibility from the php version. php reads the correct mysql data from the field long_desc. But if you use the editor code mirror it can't replace the long description via JavaScript correct. This is the reason why you got the correct result in TinyMCE, and we got an error (codemirror).

I hope it helps anyone who also uses codemirror.

Thank you for your help!

Regards
Steffen

Milbo

This is the second time we get strange errors, occasionaly happening due old php versions. We recommened to use always the latest version of a mayor php version. For example.
5.3.27 or 5.4.19. and if you must use php5.2, then at least the 5.2.13