News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Additional files: my little hack

Started by Pirosoft, March 19, 2012, 15:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirosoft

Hi, i post my little hack (sorry for my english...) , i used joomla 2.5.1 and latest virtuemart 2.0.2. I need to display related downloadable files of a product , but normal view show all media files. So i have changed VM for my needs.
First i have read this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93337.0 and the procedure to attach files to a product (thanks jenkinhill):

• Uploaded via ftp the pdf files into the product media directory -  joomla_root/images/stories/virtuemart/product  (you could use Joomla's media uploader for this, but ftp is quick for multiple files)
  • Open VirtueMart Shop/Media File list  - and Synchronize media to VirtueMart
  • Open VirtueMart Shop/Media File list  - and Synchronize media to VirtueMart
  • Still in the media list edit each of the files and make them downloadable, enter a suitable title to be displayed (Displayed image title) and I also enter the "Used thumb url" for a 50x50 pdf icon I have uploaded to use rather than the default larger icon.
  • Open a product, go to the Custom Fields tab and create a Custom Field Type - Photo (even though it is a pdf file), select the file from the dropdown list and save.
i have changed the point 4: i created a Custom Field cloned by Photo and changed with title PDF and same way for ZIP (just for my mental order!)

Now the hack! (a premise: we have two way for resolve the problem, change the native functions or created other, in this example i create new functions.)
Change the model files:
first open file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php and find the function getProductCustomsField, clone this function and change the name in getProductCustomsFieldDownloadable.
The native function make a LEFT join with #__virtuemart_customs and #__virtuemart_product_customfields, but in my function make another join with #__virtuemart_medias, because in this table i found file_title, file_description, and file_is_downloadable, this values are the title and the description for file and i not found in the other two tables.
the new function is:
/**
     * AUthor Francesco Reitano
     * Load all custom fields for a Single product downlodable
     * return custom fields value and definition
     */
     public function getProductCustomsFieldDownloadable($product) {

$query='SELECT C.`virtuemart_custom_id` , `custom_element`, `custom_params`, `custom_parent_id` , `admin_only` , `custom_title` , `custom_tip` , C.`custom_value` AS value, `custom_field_desc` , `field_type` , `is_list` , `is_hidden`, `layout_pos`, C.`published` , field.`virtuemart_customfield_id` , field.`custom_value`, field.`custom_param`, field.`custom_price`, field.`ordering`, media.`file_title`, media.`file_description`, media.`file_is_downloadable`
      FROM `#__virtuemart_customs` AS C
      LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_product_customfields` AS field  ON C.`virtuemart_custom_id` = field.`virtuemart_custom_id`
      LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_medias` AS media ON field.`custom_value` = media.`virtuemart_media_id`
      Where `virtuemart_product_id` ='.(int)$product->virtuemart_product_id.' and `field_type` != "G" and `field_type` != "R" and `field_type` != "Z"';     
      $query .=' AND is_cart_attribute = 0 AND media.`file_is_downloadable` = 1 order by field.`ordering`,virtuemart_custom_id' ;

$this->_db->setQuery($query);
      if ($productCustoms = $this->_db->loadObjectList()) {

$row= 0 ;
      if(!class_exists('vmCustomPlugin')) require(JPATH_VM_PLUGINS.DS.'vmcustomplugin.php');
      foreach ($productCustoms as $field ) {
      if ($field->field_type == "E"){
      $field->display ='';
      JPluginHelper::importPlugin('vmcustom');
      $dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
      $ret = $dispatcher->trigger('plgVmOnDisplayProductFE',array($product,&$row,&$field));

}
      else {
      $field->display = $this->displayType($field->custom_value,$field->field_type,$field->is_list,$field->custom_price,$row,0,$field->virtuemart_custom_id);
      }
      $row++ ;
      }
      return $productCustoms;
      } else return array();
     }

ok, open file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/products.php and find the row:
$product->customfields = $customfields->getProductCustomsField($product);
after write this:
$product->customfieldsdownloadable = $customfields->getProductCustomsFieldDownloadable($product);

Change the view
open file components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/view.html.php and find:

if(!empty($product->customfields )){
foreach($product->customfields as $k =>$custom){
if(!empty($custom->layout_pos)){
$product->customfieldsSorted[$custom->layout_pos][] = $custom;
unset($product->customfields[$k]);
}
}
$product->customfieldsSorted['normal'] = $product->customfields;
unset($product->customfields);
}

after write:

if(!empty($product->customfieldsdownloadable )){
foreach($product->customfieldsdownloadable as $k =>$customd){
if(!empty($customd->layout_pos)){
$product->customfieldsdownloadableSorted[$customd->layout_pos][] = $customd;
unset($product->customfieldsdownloadable[$k]);
}
}
$product->customfieldsdownloadableSorted['normal'] = $product->customfieldsdownloadable;
unset($product->customfieldsdownloadable);
}

ok the last modify to view the result, open components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_customfields.php and change:
foreach ($this->product->customfieldsSorted[$this->position] as $field) {
in
foreach ($this->product->customfieldsdownloadableSorted[$this->position] as $field){

now in the array we have just downloadable files and in $field->file_title and $field->file_description the title and the description for file!

thanks

Pirosoft

we can change this hack modify the native function getproductCustomslist, but you need to change the query in :
$query='SELECT C.`virtuemart_custom_id` , `custom_element`, `custom_params`, `custom_parent_id` , `admin_only` , `custom_title` , `custom_tip` , C.`custom_value` AS value, `custom_field_desc` , `field_type` , `is_list` , `is_hidden`, `layout_pos`, C.`published` , field.`virtuemart_customfield_id` , field.`custom_value`, field.`custom_param`, field.`custom_price`, field.`ordering`, media.`file_title`, media.`file_description`, media.`file_is_downloadable`
              FROM `#__virtuemart_customs` AS C
              LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_product_customfields` AS field  ON C.`virtuemart_custom_id` = field.`virtuemart_custom_id`
              LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_medias` AS media ON field.`custom_value` = media.`virtuemart_media_id`
              Where `virtuemart_product_id` ='.(int)$product->virtuemart_product_id.' and `field_type` != "G" and `field_type` != "R" and `field_type` != "Z"';              
              $query .=' AND is_cart_attribute = 0 order by field.`ordering`,virtuemart_custom_id' ;

without the condition  AND media.`file_is_downloadable` = 1, so i have all the files, and in the view i can filter with file_is_downloadable variable, this is best for the performance (i make just one query)

Pirosoft

questions:
1) i need use media files uploaded, if my custom fileds is not image type but string i don't have a list of media files, if a use string how i can link media file and product? (with copy and paste url is not a best practice for me)
2) i wont use `file_title`, `file_description`, `file_is_downloadable`from #__virtuemart_medias, with this method i have?

thanks