News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopping Cart emptying after +/- 15 items.

Started by Lexiboy, March 18, 2012, 11:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotous

Quote from: Lexiboy on March 21, 2012, 01:15:03 AM
I just went into the Joomla database and changed the 'data' field of the jml_session table from TEXT into MEDIUMTEXT and this seems to solve the problem for me.

This seem to worked for me.. no crash for more than 30 products

Lexiboy

Quote from: Sensei2 on March 21, 2012, 18:32:40 PM
People, seems I have found what to do exact.

Site-Global configuration-Sessions setings-Session handler
Change from "Database" to "None".

Please, make the same and write in forum! Is it really resolved now?

Will a cookie be used instead?
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

Sensei2

Quote from: Lexiboy on March 21, 2012, 22:04:37 PM
Will a cookie be used instead?

Cookie? It seems, with changing to "none" nothing bad happened with my site, but cart really works now! I can add even 50 items if I want...

misscherylb

when I set to 'none' it throws me out of admin and I'm unable to get back in - had to change setting back to 'database' in config file

having the same problem, need to be able to add about 250 products to cart, but keeps emptying while I'm busy...
the database change to "mediumtext" seems to do the trick though!

Milbo

Using the tools "update tables if necessary" would have done the trick for you
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ivus

Hi everyone,

Once again everyone seems to think this is a VM issue. I'm sorry to say, but it isn't. Don't blame VM, blame Joomla!. That's what's causing the session issue.

Everyone knows that VM is built on top of the Joomla! framework. Setting the session storage to none rather than database should fix the problem. Beyond that it could be a server/machine issue as Milbo pointed out. If the session handler configuration doesn't work for you, the next step is to consult your hosting provider.

But ultimately, please remember the separation between Joomla! and VirtueMart. Joomla! affects VirtueMart, but not the other way around.

hava

I have the same problem on Joomla! 1.0.15. But I can't find option to set session handler or "update tables if necessary". Can you help me? Thanks

PS. I can't upgrade because this a life website with a lot information. I don't want to have the stress of the end of the week but need to quickly to fix that

jjk

Quote from: hava on August 10, 2012, 17:04:09 PM
I have the same problem on Joomla! 1.0.15. But I can't find option to set session handler or "update tables if necessary". Can you help me?
If you are using Joomla 1.0.15, you are probably using Virtuemart 1.1.x and you posted in the wrong forum section. If you just mistyped the Joomla version and you are using Joomla 1.5.x and Virtuemart 2.x, the "Update tables if necessary" is one of the large buttons at "Tools and Migration".
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations