News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopping Cart emptying after +/- 15 items.

Started by Lexiboy, March 18, 2012, 11:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexiboy

I am using VM 2.02 on Joomla 1.7.

When people add product to their card, when the cart is getting bigger than +/- 15 items, it almost always happens that it looses all it's content. This is regardless of whether people are logged in or now.

It also happens when a client uses the back button while viewing his cart
It always happens if someone logs out.

At first I blamed the session timeout, but increasing the session length did not have any effect.

This combined with the problem that I also did not manage to fix the add-to-card problem makes my shop useless for clients, especially the ones that want to buy many items.

I need help! :(
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

Milbo

We take a look on it, there is already an other thread about it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Lexiboy

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 11:29:56 AM

I just made a screenshot of the problem as it happens, while you see the popup mentioning that items is added to the card, on the small shopping cart you see all the items mentioned with a total under it. But instead of the added item being put on the card, under the total amount and above view card  (Показать корзину) "Cart is empty" (Корзина пуста)  appears.

I added a screenshot. I hope it helps!

With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

Lexiboy

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 11:29:56 AM

I cannot find the thread, shame on me. Can you link it please?
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

Milbo

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99303.0

I changed something, removed some unecessary data from the session. I could now add up to 20 items.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sensei2

But when problem will be solved? In my case only 6 items can be added!!!
We are only two, who has this problem?

Please try: http://elastotechnic.com/index.php/ru/katalog

Can you give us a decesion what to do with it?

Milbo

It is connected to your machine. For me it works with more than 20 items now and I think that should be enough.

scotous

i am currently building a site that will need the ability to add more than 20 because it is about colors..
when you say more than 20 you mean 21 or 30+?
its on the svn now?

Lexiboy

Quote from: Milbo on March 19, 2012, 20:19:47 PM
It is connected to your machine. For me it works with more than 20 items now and I think that should be enough.

Dear Milbo,

What do you mean with 'It is connected to your machine'?

You suggest you changed something on your machine, since it works with more than 20 now (and apparantly not before). Can you please explain or point in the general direction?

With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

scotous

Quote from: Lexiboy on March 20, 2012, 14:18:17 PM
What do you mean with 'It is connected to your machine'?
You suggest you changed something on your machine, since it works with more than 20 now (and apparantly not before). Can you please explain or point in the general direction?

99% He means that he has achieved to fix the issue to his system with allowing more than 20products.

But the thing is that the problem is different in every system...
for example in my system it crashes in 9 products whilst in other systems it crashes at 12 so it is not a local issue..

Edit...I have tried to browse a website on a previous post with VM 2.0.3h (at least thats the version he sais he has) and i succesfully added more than 40 products..has the problem been fixed on svn trunk?

Milbo

The problem is very much lowered. But I found some more,.. it is slowing the cart, but uses lesser Ram/session. The problem is that the session is stored in the db and this is limited.

Lexiboy

Quote from: Milbo on March 20, 2012, 23:25:34 PM
The problem is very much lowered. But I found some more,.. it is slowing the cart, but uses lesser Ram/session. The problem is that the session is stored in the db and this is limited.

I just went into the Joomla database and changed the 'data' field of the jml_session table from TEXT into MEDIUMTEXT and this seems to solve the problem for me.

It seems that the field data of the jml_session table easily can outgrow the 64k limit of a TEXT field. With just 24 items in the basked the data increased from +/- 10k to over 80k. In a TEXT field that would truncate/destroy the data.

I cannot say this is very efficient... Would it not be much simpler to just save an array with product_id and quantities?
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

jaybird2024

This is just downright absurd, I need way more than 20 products in a cart.
How can we fix it?

My cart dies at 12 items.

data field was set to "mediumtext" when it installed.

Why won't anyone give the answer to fix this?

This version should never have been released with so many quirks. 2.0 Stable my ASS!

Lexiboy

Quote from: jaybird2024 on March 21, 2012, 03:44:07 AM
This is just downright absurd, I need way more than 20 products in a cart.
How can we fix it?

My cart dies at 12 items.

data field was set to "mediumtext" when it installed.

Why won't anyone give the answer to fix this?

This version should never have been released with so many quirks. 2.0 Stable my ASS!

Can you tell me how large your data cell grows when you reach like 10 products?

I was surprised that with the debug function I never see that a session takes more than 10-12k while the session data in the database just increases. I wonder if the data accumulates instead of being replaced in that field....
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

Sensei2

People, seems I have found what to do exact.

Site-Global configuration-Sessions setings-Session handler
Change from "Database" to "None".

Please, make the same and write in forum! Is it really resolved now?