News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom fields plugin for non developer vm2 joomla 1.7

Started by checks, December 22, 2011, 19:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checks

How can I get my products to have these menu functions in simple terms?  Ive read most of the forums on this topic but is it confusing for beginners to joomla. Just a step by step tutorial for this exact layout.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

checks

Like i said ive seen these post but i need simple tutorial for this exact setup user friendly

PRO

Login to vmart

On the left menu you will see "custom fields"
Click Custom Fields.
Then Click "NEW"
Fill it out just like the first picture

THEN, go to the product, and select the custom field for every option you need.

Fill in the text.

checks

But now that i did that the price changes from original...

PRO

what you mean?>

and how are you doing your "bulk" pricing option?

checks

I followed your instructions making both dropdowns , I set the price in the custom field but you see in picture where the price say plus tax or without tax is way higher than actual price

PRO

when you select an option, the price changes

you do not do equal=$100

you put the plus   $30

checks

ok I changed from equal to plus, now it says free. And im still confused a little on how to do the bulk order for each different color. Here is what i have so far...

PRO

to remove "Free" look here
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90362.msg301879#msg301879

and you do not PUT the + sign.

Just put the difference

and if you want to put a plus sign.
You can change the field in your default.php

change this
<?php echo $field->display ?>

To this
<?php $field->display = str_replace( '$', '+$', $field->display ); ?><?php echo $field->display ?>

miata

Hi,

Sorry but I couldn't find <?php echo $field->display ?> in default.php I am using VM 2.0.2 any help to add this "+" plus sign before the additional price in the drop down menu?

Thanks

PRO

Quote from: miata on April 09, 2012, 16:59:09 PM
Hi,

Sorry but I couldn't find <?php echo $field->display ?> in default.php I am using VM 2.0.2 any help to add this "+" plus sign before the additional price in the drop down menu?

Thanks

It is in the

default_addtocart.php   now.

The product details template has been broken down into smaller pieces now

terp

BanquetTables.pro, thanks for the graphical help on this one...not very intuitive, but with your walkthough, I got it done. :)

One question: For those who use a 'please select...' field option, can we enter some php somewhere to manage these fields and fire a validation to ensure it's not equal to 'please select' onsubmit?