News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 User Manual

Started by coville, February 06, 2012, 21:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coville

Hello. After searching the forums I have not been able to find an answer to this questions so I am asking:

The manual on the Virtuemart website is for VM 1.x, is there a time frame to expect the release of an operators manual for VM2.x?

Thank you for your time.

JoelV

Hi all,
Same question from my side regarding user manual.
In fact, I'm I trying to configure VM2 for virtual goods (downloadable product).
The process is described in VM1 user manual but the tab Download is not available in VM2  :(
Who can help?
Regards,
Joël

luxuryvps

Im not sure on the English manual, but I know alatak(Development Team) is working on the French VM2 manual. Im unsure if she is also doing the English one, however if you drop her a PM im sure she will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Liam
Liam Studham - Graphical Designer / Server Engineer
http://www.luxuryvps.com
VPS & Dedicated Servers - Discounts available for all VM Forum users (PM me)

Selina

I am looking for VM2 User Manual as well, need help :)

webzight

Looks like folks like me have been asking this question since February 6th, 2012, yet no response from the VM team :-\
The present online manual is totally useless for VM2 for many of the finer aspects, I know documentation is laborious thankless task (been there, done that, got the hypertension meds;), but many of us are desperate for answers that are not forthcoming ???
May the Cloud be with you :)

naunman

Why would a product be released without a manual?
I a newbie to VM and finding that the lack of documentation on VM 2.0 is more than a  little frustrating >:(
Is VM2 mature enough to use in a live environment. Should I rather be using VM1.19?

naunman

Quote from: naunman on March 18, 2012, 06:05:05 AM
Why would a product be released without a manual?
I a newbie to VM and finding that the lack of documentation on VM 2.0 is more than a  little frustrating >:(
Is VM2 mature enough to use in a live environment. Should I rather be using VM1.19?

Nevermind, uninstalling VM2.0 - will be loading VM1.19 and looking for alternative shopping marts.

jenkinhill

Unfortunately we need a volunteer who can spare a couple of hundred hours or so of their time to write a manual - that is the real reason for having no manual yet. And as more features are being added and processes changed this would be a moving target.

A book should be available soon.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum