News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Categories order in product filter

Started by edirola, March 06, 2013, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edirola

Hi,

instaled Joomla 2.5 nad VM 2.0.18a . The site was migrated from Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.9 After migration clean intallation and database import was made.

Now I have one problem in backend.
Components->Virtuemart->Products. At the top is product filter. The problem is that categories in this filter is displaying in wrong order. Looks like categories are sorted by name. How to sort them by category order?

Thanks

balai

Do they have ordering numbers in the VM backend?

edirola

Yes, they have. In frontend they are sorted correctly - by order. When I open Categories in backend (Components->Virtuemart->Products->Categories) all categories are sorted by category name. And looks like it is default - everytime I go to categories view I should change sorting to sort by Order. Maybe this is related to product filter sorting by category name?

balai

edirola

Is there a way to sort them by order number?

edirola

Nobody knows the solution?

Currently category Accessories (with all subcategories) and other not important categories are at the top of filter list. The most important categories (work with them everyday) are in the middle of the list. It is wasting a lot of time everytime to scroll and look for category you need.

Any advice would be very wellcome