News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem

Started by pcdr, March 17, 2012, 08:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcdr

Hi
After installing and running virtuemart 2.0.2 in my joomla 1.5.20 site using an Artisteer tempate when trying to access virtuemart pages I get the message "The chosen template couldn't found on the filesystem" allthough the systems runs ok and the page displays fine. You can see that in the following page:
http://www.cameragr.com/cameragr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=categories&virtuemart_category_id=13&Itemid=61
Do you have any idea ??
Thank you

hollywooood

Check to see if you have your template selected in the virtuemart template configuration page.  if not, select it and that should solve your problem...
Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.6
PHP 5.2.17
MySQL 5.5.21-55
APACHE 2.2.22

rossmac

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem. I have selected 'MandalaPlants' (my main joomla template) as my 'default template for your shop' and saved the setting. The main page of my shop appears fine, but when I click on Add to cart and it moves to the next page ("Shopping Cart") it has the error "The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: MandalaPlants"

Is there some link to my templates that I am missing, or do I need to do some tricky code fixing somewhere?

Any thought that could help me and the OP would be appreciated,

Regards,
Ross

rossmac

Just to help clarify the matter, here is the page that is correctly styled with my joomla template:

http://mandalaplants.com.au/index.php/component/virtuemart/clivias/clivia-detail?Itemid=470

And here is the page once you click 'add to cart':

http://mandalaplants.com.au/index.php/component/virtuemart/clivias/index.php

As you can see the template is suddenly unable to be found despite having ben used on the previous page.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Ross

rossmac

Not sure if this is what solved this for me, but after I went into the 'online shop' menu item and re-linked it to the Front Page of Virtuemart, my template issues went away.

DavidAllenNeron

I am also getting this error when I try to use a template/theme even if I go into my menu item and change the theme to the one I want to use (a virtuemart theme)

it works fine when I go to the Store Front, but once I click on any category it gives me this error : The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem: *Template Name*

I have it set properly in Templates as well (in VirtueMart)

I'm using 2.0.6 Virtuemart and 2.5.4 Joomla.

hollywooood

I am now experiencing the same thing and have used all recommendations here in the forum...Has to be a bug since it only shows up on the checkout page and the default template is selected properly in virtuemart backend.

Hope some help comes soon...
Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.6
PHP 5.2.17
MySQL 5.5.21-55
APACHE 2.2.22

DavidAllenNeron

Quote from: hollywooood on April 27, 2012, 15:50:17 PM
I am now experiencing the same thing and have used all recommendations here in the forum...Has to be a bug since it only shows up on the checkout page and the default template is selected properly in virtuemart backend.

Hope some help comes soon...

Follow these steps:

1. Change VirtueMart Template to Joomla Default.
2. Go into your menu item for VirtueMart and change it's default Template to your desired stores template
3. Save and Enjoy.

hollywooood

I just changed my default template from my custom template to the joomla default...Doesn't seem like it should work this way but I don't have time to question it all...it works now..
Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.6
PHP 5.2.17
MySQL 5.5.21-55
APACHE 2.2.22

DavidAllenNeron

I didn't question it either.. it got rid of the stupid message so I was happy :P

chermanarun

Im very new to Joomla as well as vitue mart..

Here is the link of my site - http://halalproducts.in/
constructing with my own template but i got an error message stating that " The choosen template couldnt found on the filesystem : Halalproduct ", when i click add to cart , 

Plz help me to fix this issue .... :) :) :) :'( :'(
:)

finbarr69

Seems a bit pointless having the template options in Virtuemart if they don't work.

Anyway, can I request please that someone on the developer team please correct the error message to proper English?:

The chosen template could not be found in the filesystem

Thanks,

Brian

srajca

you can modify your language ini file as much as you want - but do an override

finbarr69

Yes, of course.  But all the English Language files should really contain English.  Are you suggesting that every person who downloads VM2 that uses English should make their own separate corrections to the grammar, spelling etc?  That's like re-inventing the wheel.  ;)

I shall be very happy to review all the English language text if there is no native English speaker on the developer team.  :)

Sorry for taking this off-topic though.

Warmest Regards,

Brian

srajca

I agree, I don't like it either if the translation is not correct. So I joined the translation team for my language, maybe you ought to do the same;) And since I am using a multilingual site, that would be a bonus for all I guess.
Take a look here;
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98187.0