Does VM2 have the option to display Product Prices without the Tax included ?

Started by burnsy, March 16, 2012, 20:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnsy

I'm still using VM 1.1.9, which I'm relatively content with except there doesn't seem to be a way to display the Product Price on the Product Pages without the Tax configured in. My client only wants the Tax calculated price displayed at checkout, which seems pretty standard for most online stores I've shopped on.

maxispin

VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Milbo

This is wrong maxispin you mix to thinks up

What burnsy wants is a tax added to the bill. You can calculate the tax per product or per bill. And per bill es perfectly working, imo.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

swilkerson

I have a similar issue. The items are showing the correct amount on the detail pages, but when they are added to the shopping cart, the taxed price is shown, crossed out. It should not do this. The PRICE should remain the same as shown on the detail page, then the tax added based on the taxable location which is not known until the customer logs in or otherwise provides a shipping address. For example, if we tax in Maryland only, shoppers in California should not see any indication of tax.  As it functions now, when items are added to the cart, the amount with tax is shown in the PRICE field, crossed out, on top of the actual price, then a negative amount shown in the TAX column, with the tax amount shown as a DISCOUNT. This is unnecessary and very confusing for shoppers. Why is the tax showing up as a discount? And why is there any indication of tax when the shopper has not even provided the shipping location to determine if tax will even apply? 

What have I missed here? I need to set this up so that taxes are shown only after the shipping address is provided. As well, I do not want the tax amount to show up as a discount. How can this be corrected or modified?

fearless924

Is this resolved? 

Price:
Base price with tax: $271.88
Sales price: $150.00
Sales price without tax: $250.00
Discount: $121.88
Tax amount: $21.88

I just want to show the price.  Any ideas?

jenkinhill

Just turn off all prices you don't want to show in VM config/pricing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

swilkerson

The fix really wasn't just as easy as turning things off via config., that didn't help. I had to keep upgrading. Finally to 2.0.6 which seemed to work. Things in this version seem to work better, all but the views/themes that were purchased for 2.0, many do not work with 2.0.6  :-\